Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

ARK 2 & ARK Survival Ascended

ARK2.jpg

Hey everyone,

It's disappointing to hear that the release of Ark 2 has been delayed until 2024. However, the good news is that developers are updating Ark 1 to Unreal Engine 5, which is a very exciting development for fans of the game.

Personally, I'm okay with the delay if it means that the game will come out complete and in good condition. After all, it's better to play a full, complete game than to struggle through a year or more of an incomplete game like Battlefield 2042.

What are your thoughts on the delay and the update to Ark 1? Share your opinions in the comments below!

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
7 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

I can live with the delay, and honestly August isn't forever away to enjoy the ARK Survival Ascended UE5 remake. However, I am a little worried about the pricing model that they just announced.

First of all: Only a few months ago did one of the high-ups in Studio Wildcard say that the UE5 upgrade would be a free item for everyone. So to suddenly slap a $49 price on it seems a little in bad taste.

Secondly: The game is listed as only costing $10 when purchased as part of a package that includes the remastered version of the first game. Why would ARK 2 cost so much less compared to the remaster? They are also putting a bunch of previously free expansions behind paywalls now.

Third and finally: The decision to straight up announce that they would not be sharing any ARK2 gameplay or videos in 2023 is just bonkers. How can we look forward to a game, which we are sort-of-forced to pre-buy before we even see ANYTHING about it?

I love ARK, and I have a ton of hours into it. Also, $49 isn't the most amount of money in the world, so yeah I'm going to end up buying and playing it - but I can't say that as a gamer/consumer, I feel too happy about these decisions.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

It's understandable to have concerns about the pricing and marketing decisions for the upcoming ARK Survival Ascended UE5 remake and ARK 2. It is frustrating when a company changes their plans or doesn't communicate clearly about their product.

I would like to see more of the game before making a purchase, and the fact that there is no gameplay footage available is quite concerning. However, considering that the game's release is not planned until late 2024, there is still a year for the developers to promote and generate excitement for the game.

Having spent 1288 hours in Ark Survival 1 and thoroughly enjoyed every moment, I am willing to pay the $49 price for the remastered version and the new game, even if there is a chance that it may not live up to my expectations.

0 Likes
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I've never played Ark, but I've seen you and @Key-J recommend it before. Wondering if I should finally give it a chance. Can you compare it to any other game?

I honestly think you should, it can be a lot of fun - but you have to be a fan of the whole sandbox survival genre. Thinking about the gameplay, I think it can be compared to other survival games such as Rust or Conan Exiles. However, what sets ARK apart is its focus on taming and riding dinosaurs, which adds a unique element to the game. I also really enjoy the different biomes you have to explore, and how dinosaurs and other animals which you will need to tame or kill will live in different areas.

ARK honestly is a little unique, but it does bring a lot of known elements from the survival genre. 

----------

As Key-J has pointed out, Ark Survival incorporates many of the standard mechanics of a sandbox survival game, but with its own unique twist of allowing players to tame dinosaurs and explore diverse biomes. There's a certain thrill in riding a T-Rex and charging into battle wielding a shotgun against other dinosaurs or enemy bases. However, aside from the action-packed gameplay, I also enjoy the base-building aspect of the game. Using dinosaurs to assist with construction makes the process smoother and quicker, which really adds to the immersive experience of living in a prehistoric world similar to that of the Flintstones.

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

UPDATE:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-356-ark-roadmap-update-rhyniogna...

The recent announcement regarding ARK: Survival Ascended, made by the developers at Studio Wildcard, has garnered mixed reactions from fans. The developers have decided to scrap the ARK Respawned Bundle and release ARK: Survival Ascended as a standalone package on all platforms at $59.99. While this move has received praise from fans, other decisions have caused concern. For example, the developers have decided to sunset the ASE Official Network, citing old technology as the primary reason. The announcement has also revealed that ARK: Survival Ascended will not be a backward-compatible free update.

In my opinion, the decision to release ARK: Survival Ascended as a standalone package is a good move, as it provides clarity on what players can expect from the game. However, I can understand why fans are disappointed that the ARK Respawned Bundle has been scrapped. The decision to sunset the ASE Official Network has also received mixed reactions, as some players have invested significant time and effort into it.

On the other hand, I believe that the decision to make ARK: Survival Ascended a separate purchase is reasonable, as it would not have been viable to make the necessary upgrades to the original ARK: Survival Evolved. Additionally, I appreciate the developers' efforts to provide an evergreen classic ARK experience, which can continue to grow over time on a cleaned-up code base, making use of new technological advancements.

Overall, while some of the decisions made by the developers at Studio Wildcard may have disappointed fans, I believe that they are taking the right steps to ensure that ARK: Survival Ascended is a long-term success. The planned new features, content drops, creatures, items, structures, and DLC, along with the release of ARK: Survival Ascended, will undoubtedly provide players with a unique and enjoyable gaming experience.

What are your thoughts on this latest news?

0 Likes
josh3
Journeyman III

i was trying to get onto ark ascended and it sayed i need to install 

The AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.2

but it says error 182 amd software installer detected amd graphics hardware in your system configuration that is not supported so i cant get into the game some body pls reply with the solution

Pls And Thank You

0 Likes