cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

roshdway
Adept I

AM 4 new 5000XT CPUs, Hopes and Expectations

I Always Like to be optimistic with AMD.

I read on the internet that AMD had plans to built Ryzen 9 5900X3D and Ryzen 5950 X3D and they decided to pullover from this project and move to the 7000 series.

But Since AMD announced that they will Release 5000 XT CPUs why they don't think about bringing the project Again and release those CPUs to the customers that owns the AM4.

I'm sure that a lot of people still using the socket and they want to remain use it  for longer time like me.

Also I'm hoping that if they are producing new 5000 XT series CPUs. To produce them at least with 5.0 GHZ over clocking. That would be amazing. 

I want to hear opinions about this topic and I hope what I posted today to happen.

It would be amazing move from AMD. Amd they will gain the loyalty form a lot of customers that I'm already one of them. 

Best of for AMD Team Always. ❤️

3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I think what makes 5800X3D and 7800X3D a killer chip is the simplicity. The 7950X3D with different CCD designs does not seem to be the MVP this time around and the 5950X3D Will fal into that category. 

Unless....

I've watched GN video about the AMD tour and they had a 16core 3DVcache only chip that could be an awesome experience on the AM4 for pure gaming but... On the other hand if 16core 3DVcache works too well it could endanger 7800X3D just like the 5800X3D does with some 7000 non X3D.

The XT lineup could be a way to clear out some old stock and give AM4 builders some fresh air to make the move from older Ryzens such as Zen+ and Zen2.

The Englishman

A final mega hurrah with a 5950X3D would be epic, to be honest. I also take a 5850X3D XT 😄

FunkZ
Forerunner

If the 5000 series XT processors are similar to previous 3000 series XT they will be essentially the same specs as the X chips just 100-200MHz faster boost speed.

Here's Gamers Nexus take on it.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT