Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Robbert
Adept I

Age yourself - your first GPU? I'll go first

Hi all!

Yet another day, yet another question, what was your first GPU? Mine was a Voodoo card, though we had PCs since the early 80s (I'm from 86)).

Looking forward to y'all's replies!

Robbert

123 Replies
blazek
Miniboss

Re: Age yourself - your first GPU? I'll go first

ATI Rage XL

ThunderBeaver
Adept II

It was an old Invidia 5200 series AGP interface. I think it had either 64MB or 128MB of ram. Not DDR or anything special just VRAM. It was basically just plug and play. No overclocking software. Just drivers and if you had the right MOBO you could get temperature readouts but only in the BIOS which at that time looked like DOS. 

Ashley_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

I wish I could remember exactly 😂 When I was a kid we had a Commodore 64 and as a teenager had pre-made store bought PCs. Built my first PC in the early 2000s with an ATI Radeon but after nearly 2 decades I can't recall what specifically. 😅

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 3800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • MSI X570 Gaming Edge • 32GB RAM
Olemissrebel
Adept I

Tseng Labs ET4000/W32.    🙂

My, how far we've come.. I finally got an evga ftw3 3080ti + evga hybrid kit this week.

Olemissrebel
Adept I

Well, tbf that wasn't exactly a gpu (but it helped me play Duke Nukem, others). My first gpu was an Ati Mach 32.

Diptenkrom
Adept I

Voodoo 3DFX card. I'm an 80's bruh as well.

vialli100
Challenger

3dfx Voodoo too...

Was only thinking about my early GPU's a few days ago...

Went to ATI with Mach 64, then most of the Rage cards.. 

Always been ATI/AMD GPU's and CPU's...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Sapphire RX580 Nitro 8gb, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Samsung 960 EVO 500gb NVME, WD Black 1tb, Crucial 525gb MX300 SSD, Sandisk Ultra 500gb SSD... Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Seasonic X850 PSU.
afward
Adept I

Not exactly a GPU, but my Hercules graphics adapter was way higher res than the competing CGA card at the time. And with SimCGA I could still play all the games 🙂

After that my first actual graphics card was ATI (but I can't remember exactly which model)

XelaVo581
Adept I

5700xt

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts