cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Yet Another Adrenalin Optional Release w/ Still No Adrenalin Recommended (WHQL) Release

Next week will be 5 months since the WHQL Adrenalin drivers have been updated.  And, just today, we got yet another update to the "Optional" non-WHQL version:

Adrenalin 22.10.1 Optional
File Size
539 MB
Release Date
10/4/2022

vs

Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL)
File Size
544 MB
Release Date
5/10/2022

People have commented on it here with no official response.  I've written AMD's support and asked about it and gotten a scripted non-answer that essentially says dey don't know nuttin (and don't care).

AMD:  are you aware that occasionally you're supposed to move stuff into your stable branch and make that a baseline (in loose terms)?  By failing to do so, are you saying the "Optional" branch is so unstable that Microsoft won't let you apply the WHQL label to it?
48 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Going through the release notes from when the last WHQL drivers were released, here are the things that AMD has stuck in the "Optional" versions, but not bothered to port to the WHQL "Recommended" version:

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-5-2
Highlights
Support For
Sniper Elite 5™
Hitman 3™ Ray Tracing Update
Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click here for more information.
Radeon™ Super Resolution
Additional support – RSR is now compatible with AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processors with integrated graphics.
New “Sharpen Effect” slider that allows you to fine-tune the sharpness effect of RSR to your own desired settings.
AMD Privacy View
A unique software powered by cutting-edge, eye tracking technology built in partnership with the team at Eyeware – monitors your eye movement and reveals only the spot on the screen you are looking at while dimming the rest, keeping prying eyes away from your screen and your information safer. To learn more, check out our blog post HERE.
DirectX® 11 optimizations for Radeon™ RX 6000 series
Up to 8% increase in performance in DirectX® 11-based games, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.5.1 RS-470
AMD Smart Access Memory optimizations for Death Stranding™ and Watch Dogs™: Legion
Up to 10% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 13% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-471
Up to 12% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 24% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Editiosn 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6750 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-472
Up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding™ @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs™: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6650 XT, versus AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.1RS-473

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.6.1 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-6-1
Highlights
Support for F1 2022™
Up to 5% increase in performance in F1 2022 @ 4k Ultra High settings, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.6.1 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.5.2 RS-486
Up to 4% increase in performance in F1 2022 @ 4k Ultra High settings, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.6.1 on the Radeon RX 6800 XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.5.2 RS-487
Up to 6% increase in performance in F1 2022 @ 4k Ultra High settings, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.6.1 on the Radeon RX 6750 XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.5.2 RS-488
Fixed Issues
Performance drop may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with Multithreaded Rendering and DirectX® 11 API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
Stuttering may be experienced while playing Overwatch™ with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
Higher than expected CPU usage when Instant Replay is enabled on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
Fan Tuning option may be missing on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 590.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-7-1
Highlights
Swordsman™ Remake.
Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading with Elden Ring™, Resident Evil Village™ and VALORANT™.
Microsoft® Windows® 11 version 22H2.
Microsoft® Agility SDK Release 1.602 including new minor features.
Microsoft® Agility SDK Release 1.606 including Microsoft® Shader Model 6.7.
Additional Vulkan® extensions. Click here for more information.

AMD Noise Suppression
Our newest feature: AMD Noise Suppression reduces background audio noise from your surrounding environment using a real-time deep learning algorithm, providing greater clarity and improved concentration whether you are focused on an important meeting or staying locked-in on a competitive game. To learn more, check out our blog post HERE!.

OpenGL® Optimizations
Up to 79% increase in performance in Minecraft™ @ 4k Fabulous settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.7.1 on the Radeon RX 6950XT, versus the previous software driver version 22.6.1 RS-491
Up to 75% increase in performance in Minecraft™ @ 4k Fabulous settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 22.7.1 on the Radeon RX 6400, versus the previous software driver version 22.6.1 RS-495

Radeon™ Super Resolution
Expanded support for discrete Radeon™ RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processor notebooks with hybrid graphics.
RSR has been improved to provide a more seamless experience in borderless fullscreen mode with a performance/quality slider to personalize your gaming experience.
Fixed Issues
Lower than expected Folding@home™ compute performance with OpenCL™ API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800.
Auto Undervolt may disable Zero RPM fan feature.
Hitman 3™ may freeze when rapidly switching between windows in Fullscreen Exclusive mode.
Video upscaling in browsers appears blurry with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
Enhanced Sync may cause games to lock to 15FPS with video playback on extended monitors.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-8-1
Highlights
Support for:
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered™
Thymesia™
Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading for Halo Infinite™
Enhanced Sync improvements have been introduced in the latest version of AMD Software to provide further stability, and a better overall experience with your AMD PC.
Fixed Issues
Display may flicker black when switching between video playback and gameplay windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
Video output will freeze in Project Zomboid™.
Games based on LOVE2D™ engine may be rendered incorrectly.
Stormworks: Build and Rescue™ crashes during start up.
Mixed Reality Headsets may flicker black or experience jitter during movement with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
Enhanced Sync may cause a system crash during gameplay with video playback on extended monitors.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.2 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-8-2
Highlights
Support for:
Saints Row™ with DirectX® 12
The Bridge Curse Road to Salvation™
Fixed Issues
VCE presets may be missing in VEGAS Pro™ with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
DaVinci Resolve™ Studio 17 may crash using AMD encoder on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
While playing Lost Ark™, flickering may be intermittently experienced after changing display settings or checking character info with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics.
FINAL FANTASY® VIII - REMASTERED fails to launch.
Some stuttering may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with DirectX® 11 API on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6950 XT.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.9.1 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-9-1
Highlights
Support for:
Support for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II Open Beta.
Fixed Issues
Enhanced Sync may cause an intermittent black screen to occur during gameplay and video playback using extended displays and toggling Enhanced Sync.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.9.2 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-9-2
Highlights
Support for:
AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Processors
Grounded™

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-10-1
Highlights
Support for:
Overwatch® 2
Fixed Issues
GPU for image processing option may not be available using Adobe® Lightroom® on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
App crash may be experienced in Street Fighter™ 6 Beta.

To this point, i'm starting to believe that AMD cannot guarantee WHQL with all these changes, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the DX11 and OpenGL optimizations.

PC build: 5800X3D, Asus C6H, 6800XT, NVMe, SSDs and HDDs, Creative SBX AE-5, LG 48-180Hz FS 1440p

EDIT:  No.  Wait.  According to the heading on the Download page, this OPTIONAL release is ACTUALLY WHQL Certified:

"AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition
Revision Number
Adrenalin 22.10.2 Optional (WHQL)
File Size
546 MB
Release Date
10/21/2022"

OP: Another Optional release and no WHQL.  I can't edit the above, so I'll include the material from the Release Notes here:

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.2 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-10-2
Fixed Issues
Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
Vertical Refresh Sync set globally to Always Off may cause system stuttering or driver timeout during video playback using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Driver timeout may occur using HEVC hardware encoding on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Dropped frames may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration on Chromium-based browsers with Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Chromium-based browsers may experience video stuttering on extended monitors with mixed refresh rates using Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
While previewing the timeline in VEGAS Pro™, some colors may appear inverted.

0 Likes
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

My only guess on them not giving us more WHQL drivers is they perhaps are trying to run it like Microsoft and Apple where they have 1 or 2 big updates a year. That's the only conclusion I brought myself to. I also figured we may get one after the release of RDNA3. While I haven't had any problems with newer drivers (I was on 22.5.2 until I updated to 22.8.2 about two weeks ago) I do recognize that some users are. Hopefully, AMD will release a WHQL soon.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

All the drivers after 22.5.1 are unstable have blackscreens and are becoming worse or better but not stable between driver releases, don't expect a recommended driver right now and if they do release one be very skeptical you have problems with the new drivers even recommended one's chances are its the driver, if so go back to 22.5.1 those are the most stable drivers currently

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

At a bare minimum, I would have expected a new WHQL when Windows 11 22H2 came out a couple of weeks ago.  According to those release notes, above, support for 22H2 was in Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1.  So, that might explain why I had to roll back from 22H2 using AMDs WHQL version from before that.

H1deoK
Adept II

Coming from Nvidia, I didn't know their driver developing behavior was so lacking. I don't say I regret the switch from NV to AMD, but almost.

It's ridiculous that they don't release whql drivers for major games, and with optional drivers they don't even fix knows issues.

Yep.  I'd seen 2 of those 3 articles before.  And, they seemed reasonable.  At the time.  But, it's been 5 months now since they updated the WHQL drivers.  From the source AMD Blog post:

_________

"How We Continue to Deliver

To ensure prompt support of new game releases and patches, or to reduce issue turnaround time for gamers, AMD sometimes elects to release a WHQL-passing Adrenalin driver without waiting for certification. You may see sometimes within AMD Software that there are “Recommended” drivers and “Optional” drivers for update – both drivers undergo the same strenuous validation, including WHQL-readiness.

AMD Optional drivers are more akin to the production-grade drivers from our competitors. However, AMD Recommended drivers represent tried-and-tested software that often has had months of soak time in the public domain. While every AMD Software release passes Microsoft’s WHQL test suite, it is sometimes advantageous for gamers to use non-WHQL certified drivers. By releasing a non-certified WHQL passing driver, AMD can ensure greater support of new game releases and patches."

______

But eight "Optional" drivers over 5 months without ever moving any of the "soak time" improvements over to the WHQL does not constitute "sometimes elects to release a WHQL-passing Adrenalin driver without waiting for certification."

They claim all drivers pass Microsoft's WHQL test suite.  But, if so, why haven't ANY of them been actually certified in the last 5 months?  What's the actual cadence supposed to be?  Once a month?  Once a quarter?  Once every half year?  No one knows and no one seems to care but us poor customers.

0 Likes
avendorz
Adept II

its because they obviously cant get their new dx11 implementation under control.

every dx11 game is affected with stuttering and frame drops until the shader cache has everything the game needs in it. some games worse, some games less.

0 Likes
H1deoK
Adept II

One thing is strange for me. Why they have 22.8.2 pinned on top, and not following drivers? It's not even a whql release.

I think it's because AMD_Matt is a volunteer.

0 Likes

@H1deoK wrote:

One thing is strange for me. Why they have 22.8.2 pinned on top, and not following drivers? It's not even a whql release.

Out of curiosity, where are you seeing 22.8.2 being pinned to the top?  For my 6800XT, 22.10.1 is at the top:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6800-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

0 Likes
mo44
Adept I

I was hoping they'd release a WHQL driver with "support for AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Processors" since that's their own hardware (not that they ever explain what support for specific CPUs in a video card driver even means)

That's a good point.  According to the Release Notes, Adrenalin Edition 22.9.2 (the previous "Optional" release) was where they announced support for their 7000 series CPUs (they all contain an integrated GPU) and those'll need drivers.  So, along with not having WHQL drivers to support the newest version of Windows, they don't have them to support their own new CPUs.  I wonder how the OEMs that produce systems based on those CPUs and OS versions feel about having to include non-WHQL drivers on their systems?

Vynski
Exemplar

Who has to certify WHQL?  I believe that is Microsoft.

Perhaps you need to start bashing them for all of these issues instead of AMD.

By the way, even AMD is showing the last WHQL drivers were 22.5.1.  Then why do I have a WHQL 22.6.1 edition on my "Drivers" partition.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Personally, I think Lisa Su needs to pick up the phone, call Satya Nadella and mention that it might be a shame if anything were to happen to his XBox chips that she's providing him and that she'd be pleased if Microsoft would do things like fix the AMD certificate server address in Windows 11 and start certifying their drivers.  Of course, that assumes AMD is actually giving them the right server IP and actually SUBMITTING those drivers for certification.  But, we don't know what's happening since no one from AMD will respond and the mods here won't forward recurring motifs from this board up to them to act on.

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I don't know how I missed it.  Yesterday was the 5 month anniversary of the last WHQL update.

The way this goes, it seems that WHQL drivers will be an annual thing.

xD

PC build: 5800X3D, Asus C6H, 6800XT, NVMe, SSDs and HDDs, Creative SBX AE-5, LG 48-180Hz FS 1440p
0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Way up near the top of this thread, in its own branch that can't be seen since there's no linear view on these forums, I noted the new Optional release is out and is WHQL certified.  I'm happy about that, but really don't understand what that means.  What's the point of maintaining two release lines (Optional and Recommended (WHQL)) if they actually certify the Optional line? Is there a difference?  But, regardless, I guess I'll be installing the Optional (WHQL) and seeing how it goes.  Yay!

I guess it is important for something like RX 6700 which had no WHQL release before

Unfortunately, I still get occasional random black screen crashes with my RX 6700xt even with this 22.10.2 WHQL driver. I can use my PC for hours at a time without it happening, but it has still happened 3 times in the last few days. I use my computer for online training and teaching, and it did happen in the middle of a workshop I was holding, which is annoying. I'm assuming that this is why it's optional rather than recommended despite the WHQL rating as some users like myself may still encounter these issues. I'll have to stick to 22.5.1 as this has been completely stable for me, none of the subsequent ones have. I switched from Nvidia to AMD three months ago, and while I'm mostly happy with the performance I do find the driver's situation a bit concerning, along with the sub-optimal DX11 performance in some of my games, where the experience is actually worse than my previous RTX 2070 (non-super) despite being a more powerful card. 

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

I wonder if AMD is planning to change from Recommended (WHQL) and Optional to something like "Most Stable (WHQL)" and "Cutting Edge (WHQL)?"  As long as the WHQL certification is there, I'd be happy either way.

Drivers should only be recommended if confirmed 100% stable i rather have a very old driver then an up to date driver that trips over its own feet every time giving blackscreens random driver crashes etc.

Anyway the 22.10.2 look potentially stable have to test tho to be 100% sure they are fully stable.

0 Likes

WHQL for AMD means 99.95% daily stability tested on 10'000 different configs, as AMD said before in their statement. So it isn't 100%. Tbh 100% stability almost  non-existent as long as systems have variability. But WHQL is better than non-WHQL for sure)

0 Likes
Nagrenol
Challenger

I gave up on AMD & even posting on these forums a few months ago. 

Their drivers are utter trash and they flat out lie in what they fix and drop known issues from their lists hoping no one notices them. Or say its fixed and its not.

Re: Profile Changes effecting CPU OC - 22.4.2 Upda... - AMD Community 

Re: Wattman STILL randomly applies a CPU overclock - AMD Community 

You contact their support & get someone who can't read your email and despite giving them dxdiags/videos/screeshots and a list of things you've done... you'll be met with 'cAn YEw pLz ReINsTal De dRIvEr!!"

We're coming up on 2 years of the 6000 series. they have already moved onto the 7000 series so the 6000 series will start dropping in priority for em and you'll just continue to see an ever-rotating list of issues (missing plenty from it) on the driver 'updates'. 

All these additional useless features being dragged in that no one asked for or needed, like that noise cancelation one. 

Honestly would love to see Intel get close/on par with their GPU and I'd actually consider coming back into the market and avoid nvidia and amd permanently. 

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

The only good thing I can say is that with the last few driver update the font corruption I was seeing in Kodi was finally fixed.  World of warships torpedo aiming overlay has been broken since 22.5.2.

In the 22.10.1 release notes they said a fix for screen flickering while watching a video in chromium based browsers would be fixed but I don't see it mentioned in the 22.10.2 release notes.

My overall AMD build experience has been less than stellar and if I could actually get my hands on a 13900k and an asus z790 mid grade mb my cc would get to work moving away from the terrible support network that AMD has provided since I built this pc.

I invested in an AIB rx 6900 xt and it wasn't cheap at the time of purchase last year so I expect much better support for a top tier product than I have received.  I am most definitely going back to an intel/nvidia based system for the support alone.  UPS currently has the evga lga 1700 retention bracket for my clc 360 aio so I'll have my divorce from AMD soon.

Like many of you I'd love to see a viable alternative to the gpu status quo but that doesn't look likely at this point.

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Well, AMD just released another Optional driver, but it's not WHQL certified.  So, I guess they're not going the Slow/Fast Ring of certified drivers.  For some reason, they just certified the last Optional (maybe because of the complaints) and not this one (perhaps timing -- see last line I quoted of the Release Notes, below):

"AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.3 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-10-3
Highlights
Support for:
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II
Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading in Dying Light 2™
Fixed Issues
Elite Dangerous may crash upon launch on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Black screen may occur during driver upgrade or settings reset using Microsoft® Windows® 11 version 22H2 on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Lower than expected performance on Gotham Knights™ using ​​​​AMD Processors on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ RX 6950 XT.

WHQL Results
Status
WHQL Test Suite Results PASSED
WHQL Microsoft Certification In Progress"

0 Likes

Interesting.  According to:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6800-series/amd-radeon-rx-... 

Adrenalin 22.10.3 Optional (released 2 weeks ago) is now WHQL certified.  Does it normally take that kind of time for Microsoft to actually issue a certification?  If so, no wonder AMD hasn't been certifying their Optional releases: they come out quicker than Microsoft can certify them.  Of course, it's now been over 6 months since AMD brought the Recommended branch up to speed by issuing a new version of that.

0 Likes

If DxDiag is to believe (and i downloaded 22.10.3 at day of it's release), then it has WHQL logo from beginning. Admin also mentioned on my install "from optional 22.10.2 as latest WHQL", that "22.10.3" is latest WHQL

DimkaTsv_0-1667915980758.png

Maybe it got time stamp now for some reason? 
But i do know that WHQL sertification should be pain in the ass. AMD qualification for WHQL is 99.95% daily stability spread through 10000 uniquely configured devices (they test by themselves on 6000 devices, only then send driver for WHQL mark to Microsoft, i suppose?)

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

MPO issue that plagued Nvidia in the past may be what causing issues for AMD, the MPO fix may fix the blackscreens im nearing 8 hours whatsapp video call without blackscreen that normally blackscreens within 2 minutes on some drivers and take 1 to 3 hours on other optional drivers

limiting fps to 5 fps below refresh rate via rtss instead of AMD control panel may also fix the blackscreening as it prevents any kind of synchronisation from engaging like vsync or enchanced sync which is obviously broken right now, AMD claims to have fixed enchanced sync but they did not they just put a bandaid on it, the bandaid toggles on based on video playback or if amd relive is recording.

Heck if you experience stutter instant replay + desktop recording even makes dragging a window super smooth something is very wrong with AMD drivers clearly.

Im honestly fed up with AMD now they provide no support refuse to try and reproduce issues do not mention if they make any changes to HDR which they have done in past drivers, let alone list changes and in some cases even fixes for example 22.5.1 forced vsync does not work but appearntly i discovered on 22.10.1 that you can force vsync again, but appearntly this causes issues with apps that wanna decide them self what type of synchronisation to use and if it fails it just keeps trying to set it until it causes a blackscreen, i know cos nvidia drivers can trigger blackscreens by different method by forcing max refresh rate and by force i mean actual force even if the app sets it back to 60hz the driver keeps setting it back to 144hz for example until it blackscreens in some cases.

also default settings also blackscreen so my bet is they decided to make enchanced sync be enabled by default and the toggle is probably broken.

Anyway its just silly to have issues for almost half a year and not to be able to rely on AMD at all, instead of finding a fix they decide to block you cos your criticism hurts their feelings.

0 Likes
4LED
Journeyman III

My take on it is MS drivers are updated along with the Adrenalin so I will continue to use them until there is a newer AMD recommended WHQL release. Reason being if MS is upgrading the driver then IMO it is in a sense WHQL. The latest Adrenalin release (22.10.3) upgraded my MS drivers from 31.0.1209.1042 to 31.0.12029.4013. Note I am not a gamer, however,  I do some video editing and have used AMD video cards since the days of ATI.

0 Likes
jerico1213
Adept II

so de we have good news from 22.10.3 or nah. im scared of installing new drivers ever since i started getting random reboots on 22.10.x

0 Likes

Well... You better try yourself.
I had AWFUL time with 22.10.1 and pretty good time with 22.10.2. But there are people reporting they have terrible time with 22.10.2 as well, so issues may be config dependant

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Admin please delete this post.

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Another Optional release: "Adrenalin 22.11.1 Optional."  This time, there's no mention of WHQL at all (the previous release initially noted that certification was in progress -- nothing for this one). The Recommended (WHQL) release has STILL not been updated and is now over 6 MONTHS out of date.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.1 Release Notes
Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-22-11-1

Highlights
Support for:
Call of Duty®: Warzone 2.0
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales™

Fixed Issues
World Of Warships prediction lines may be missing on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
When Radeon™ Anti-Lag is enabled, a beep can be heard when pressing the shift + back key.
OpenGL applications using MSAA may see visual corruption.
Higher than expected idle VRAM clock using multi-monitor setups on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
Selected objects may be missing in Edificius™.

Known Issues
During video playback and window switching, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display plus low refresh rate secondary display configurations.
GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT.
Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.

Important Notes
AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.

0 Likes

The Recommended (WHQL) release has STILL not been updated and is now over 6 MONTHS out of date.

You should know good enough why it hadn't. Welcome to the MPO caused chaos.
At least they made optional WHQL for people with RX 6700 and cards released at same time

I see this,

whql.png

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks.  I just double-checked and I now see the same thing.  I don't know if it wasn't there a couple of hours ago or if I'm blind.

0 Likes