cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ishaan
Newcomer

Wolfenstein 2 crash dump error on start

I get a crash dump error when I start Wolfenstein 2 and I have to restart the game again and again. After restart the game sometimes run and other times gives a crash dump error. See the image attached to get more information. Here are my specs-

CPU- Ryzen 3 1200

GPU- RX 460 4GB

RAM- 16GB DUAL CHANNEL DDR4

PSU-VS 450

HDD- WD 1TB

AMD released a driver earlier stating this issue but after months later I still get the error. I have installed latest drivers for GPU and chipset in a clean fashion.

0 Likes
7 Replies
ishaan
Newcomer

Help please!! amdmatt , kingfish ?

0 Likes

I suspect your power supply is the culprit. The graphics card itself will use 380 watt and the cpu will pull 65 watt under load. If you have access to a larger PS try the card with it.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. My card is without 6 pin connector, it is not the nitro version. It has a rating of less than 75W. After a lot of testing games I found that the culprit was the AMD tessellation option. DX 11 tessellation has always been a problem for AMD cards As soon as I set it to AMD optimized I can match my card with youtube videos. Earlier I had set it to use application settings. DX 12 will surely solve the issue. Regarding the Wolfenstein issue it just appeared out of nowhere after the last two updates. I checked my newly upgraded dual channel RAM with memtest 86 and it reported no errors. Can you translate the image I have posted. Maybe you could find the error.

0 Likes

Do you have the Power Limit set to the highest + value? (Slide all the way to the right and click "apply")

0 Likes

Yes I have it up since I bought the card. Any clue of the crash dump error?

0 Likes

No..not a clue. Maybe someone else has a idea...

0 Likes

amdmatt‌ please clarify if the error that I am getting is driver specific and not related to my system. My new RAM is working fine as it passed the 4 tests of memtest86. The issue is only with Wolfenstein 2 and I have Async compute enabled. I still get the error.

0 Likes