cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

EricJH
Journeyman III

Windows Insider (26040 and above) 0x0000003b SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with AMD drivers

Starting with Insider build 26040 I was consistently getting 0x0000003b SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSODs within minutes after boot. It happened with both Catalyst driver and driver from Windows Update. 

The only way to use the Insider build is to use the Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter. The joys of testing.

I have submitted this to the Insider Feedback Hub and wonder whether AMD would be interested in the memory dump? If so where do I submit?

I am on older hardware with MSI 785G motherboard, AMD Phenom II x4 925, 14 GB RAM and Sapphire Pulse 6500 XT.

0 Likes
1 Solution

AMD doesn't support Window Insider's issues. You need to do what you did by opening a Microsoft Support ticket through the Windows Insider program.

If this problem continues after your version of Windows Insider OS becomes official then AMD most likely will look into it. But most likely AMD and Microsoft are communicating about any AMD issues with the Windows Insider version that comes up internally.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AMD doesn't support Window Insider's issues. You need to do what you did by opening a Microsoft Support ticket through the Windows Insider program.

If this problem continues after your version of Windows Insider OS becomes official then AMD most likely will look into it. But most likely AMD and Microsoft are communicating about any AMD issues with the Windows Insider version that comes up internally.

Thank you for explaining. I was just curious whether AMD would also be interested in this stage.

For the record who finds this topic. Windows Update provided me with a brand new driver Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 32.0.11000.14002 (date 17-1-2024) which has the same problem.