cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Jaydenq
Journeyman III

Windows cant boot after 23.3.1 update on rx6600xt

when i update my rx6600xt driver, it restarts and cant boot windows anymore.What i mean by that is that i am not able to get to the login page on windows and it often says trying to fix problem or unable to fix problem.This causes me to have to reboot everything an reinstall winows while goingback to my old r9 200 gpu just for my pc to work.It show my motherboard logo and just shows a black screen.Is anyone having the same problem or just me?

-5600x

-b550m elite aorus 

-rx600xt

-2 kingston ram

0 Likes
5 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Was Windows updating while you were updating the drivers?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Jaydenq
Journeyman III

no

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

This is an odd situation. Previously there was a problem when people updated drivers and Windows simultaneously but I was informed they fixed that issue. 

Have you cleared CMOS and tried? It's kind of a shot in the dark but it may be worth trying. Just remember to configure the BIOS if you require secure boot and TPM.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
mitcheet
Journeyman III

Firstly, you can try booting your computer in Safe Mode. This will start your computer with a minimal set of drivers and services, which can help you troubleshoot the issue. To do this, turn off your computer and turn it back on. As soon as you see the motherboard logo, press the F8 key repeatedly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu. From there, select Safe Mode and see if your computer can boot up.

If your computer can boot up in Safe Mode, you can try uninstalling the graphics card drivers and reinstalling them. To uninstall the drivers, go to Device Manager, locate your graphics card, right-click on it, and select Uninstall device. Then, download the latest drivers from the AMD website and install them.

If you are unable to boot up in Safe Mode or if reinstalling the drivers does not work, you may need to try other solutions, such as resetting your BIOS settings or updating your motherboard BIOS.

ok thx i will try it

0 Likes