cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

alex5924
Journeyman III

Why is there no introduction and download point of amd_chipset_software_3.10.22.706 on AMD's officia

Why is there no introduction and download point of amd_chipset_software_3.10.22.706 on AMD's official website?

thanks!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
RobertOZ
Adept II

I have that chip set installed, from ASUS via Armory Crate, but have not seen it on the AMD official site

AMD Ryzan 5 3600, Asus GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics (522.30), Asus Prime B550M-A LGA 1200 mATX Motherboard, (BIOS 2003) Cooler Master MWE White 230v 550W 80+ V2 Power,500GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 Ram, 2TB HDD, 32inch Phillips 1920 x 1080 Monitor, Samsung 28 inch 3840x2160 UHD 4K LED Monitor. Win 10 21Hl, Build 19043.11466
0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Nevermind

0 Likes

I have an Asus Motherboard but I installed the AMD CHIPSET driver for Windows 11 rather than installing the Asus CHIPSET driver to fix the Windows 11 Ryzen bug.

Most likely it is the same chipset as AMD chipset but possibly with some extra drivers especially made for your motherboard.

AMD CHIPSET is basically generic so that it will work on all AMD Motherboards, in my opinion. The OEM Chipset drivers probably includes the same drivers as AMD CHIPSET package but maybe with some support for some specific feature of the motherboard.

Now I have no idea if the drivers in the OEM CHIPSET package are the same version as AMD CHIPSET or not with similar version numbers. Might be slightly older version or the same version. just guessing though.

NOTE: you can unpack both the OEM CHIPSET package and AMD Package and see if you see a list showing all the drivers included in the package and their versions. I know that AMD has a list in its CHIPSET Package. But you need to unzip it first to read it.