cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

izncu
Adept I

Where can I download AMD_OpenCL_SDK?

I want to accelerate my programme. I have Radion RX 560 device. And see https://gpuopen.com/compute-product/opencl-sdk/ , this page showes there is a git hub:(https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/OCL-SDK),

but open that git hub URL there is no SDK. Only a md file.

By searching in Internet guys says developers should instal SDK like "AMDAPPSDK3.0" but I cannot find it in amd website. does it oboseleted?   but what is the new toolkit to replace that ??

thanks. 

0 Likes
18 Replies

Re: Where can I download AMD_OpenCL_SDK?

krjdev
Adept II

Click on "Releases"... github_releases.png

then you can download the files...

github_ocl_sdk.png

colesdav
MVP

Hi

In my opinion It is dead and unsupported and left to "open source" i.e. people working for free in their spare time.
If you really want a hard time you could try using ROCm on Ubuntu Linux but that is not working properly either yet.
AMD compute platform for new users is a nightmare.
You will spend more time dealing with driver bugs, install issues, compiling your own GUI and crashes than actually producing any code.

Forget it if you are new to parallel compute and want to learn something that is supported properly then buy an Nvidia GPU and learn CUDA.
There are pleanty of free and supported resources on the Nvidia Developer Zone.

Bye.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Look at the release date... 27 June 2017.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

If you do want to use OpenCL a point to note is newer Nvidia GPUs outperform pretty much all AMD cards in OpenCL benchmarks now. OpenCL support has been improved. They also have a website for people learning to program: 
OpenCL | NVIDIA Developer 

0 Likes
krjdev
Adept II

I don't use OCL_SDK_Light. I use the openCL development libraries from the package manager under OpenSUSE Leap 15.1. No need to install the AMD APP SDK 3.0 or OCL_SDK_Light.

Okay the release is in the year 2017, but this doesn't mean that it's bad.

0 Likes
krjdev
Adept II

I stay at AMD. No good experience with Nvidia cards.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I guess you haven't used them then.

0 Likes
krjdev
Adept II

Not for open computing. That's right. But for graphics.

Currently I have one Notebook (Lenovo ThinkPad T460p) with a NVIDIA GPU. -> Graphical artefacts in some programs. I have also replaced the Mainboard. -> Same issue.

0 Likes