cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mbrazil
Journeyman III

What files and/or folders are safe to delete after installing an Adrenalin update?

I've got quite a few folders left over from previous versions of Adrenalin after completing updates. I'd like to clean things up and delete all unnecessary leftover files, but I'm not sure what's safe to delete.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RPX100
Miniboss

@mbrazil Hey there.

The AMD driver installers will extract the files (required for setup) to "C:\AMD"
You can delete this folder after the installation is done and your PC was restarted.

And you can of course also delete the driver installer itself (probably within your Download folder).

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RPX100
Miniboss

@mbrazil Hey there.

The AMD driver installers will extract the files (required for setup) to "C:\AMD"
You can delete this folder after the installation is done and your PC was restarted.

And you can of course also delete the driver installer itself (probably within your Download folder).

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]