cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

revzkinho
Journeyman III

Weird issue with an R7 200 Series driver

So I just discovered a pretty strange issue I'm having with my GPU (and I believe it is a system side issue)

Everytime i turn on my PC with the Video cable connected directly into the GPU, it doesnt show any Image at all, but when i look at the GPU, it is working and the fan is also spinning. iGPU works fine.

So when i look up to Device Manager and go to the "Display Adapters" section, only my iGPU from my intel processor shows up, now when I right click it and press "scan for hardware changes", the AMD Radeon R7 200 Series driver finally shows up and starts to display the screen again directly from the GPU. Its weird because every time I have to turn on my computer, i have to make that same procedure to make it work.

I wanted to know what could be the issue and what I could do to fix it (and without relying on financial decisions lol); before someone asks my GPU is an 1GB ASUS R7 250 and my processor is an 1st gen (ouch) Intel i5-660

0 Likes
1 Reply
revzkinho
Journeyman III

Just looked up for "Hidden Drivers" on device manager and i discovered that the GPU Driver was always there, but for some reason when i look up the properties it displays a Code 45 error as if the GPU isn't connected into the motherboard, but it literally is connected to the motherboard and the fan is spinning.

Now i don't know if that could be a GPU Issue or its just Windows refusing to recognize the GPU. Anybody got any ideas?

0 Likes