cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Arnt
Adept II

Warzone 2 screen flickering

So i basicly have another post here wich states what ive tried for a screen flicker solution with absolutly no success.

And now since AMD has made a cuple of WHQL drivers, this means that we have to be forced to take a driver that is absolutly mindbogling unusable. Even tough that the 22.5.1 is working halfway you cannot use it while playing warzone 2.

I am wondering if there are any workaround the driver check for warzone 2? game is stopped from loading already in the launcher status.

If i try to use a new driver my screens flicker like its no tomorrow. Yes i know most of the problems is related to Different HZ on screens that i use. but even if i dissconnects both my side screens most of the flickering still persists. im now tired of battling this problem, and because its both a editing computer and gaming station i cannot be dissconnecting and connecting my screens all the time. since both side screens are used all the time

0 Likes
1 Solution
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Try disabling MPO, it might help for you. 
Try checking cables that you use to connect GPU to monitors. AMD have higher requirements to their quality

Tried MW2 Warzone myself, have no problems except game sometimes freezing after alt-tab (that is recurring problem for me, similar to different problem with same symptome, but cause is likely different). It also causes crash with error 1337. Even framepacing graph looks quite clean (Compared to shorty whobbly line in Warzone 1)

P.S. Seems that common solution with deleting CoD Warzone folder in documents helped with freezes and crashes. Configuration conflicts? Strange
P.P.S. Nah, seems to be same VRAM power state recover problem i am banging my head against the wall with. Basically don't alt-tab out of game or do it only for shortest amounts of time. But it is strangely inconsistent. Happened constantly hour ago. Now it basically stopped. 

UPD: Yeah... it really basically stopped from happening... REALLY SUSPICIOUS. Maybe i had something conflicting in background? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
23 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Try disabling MPO, it might help for you. 
Try checking cables that you use to connect GPU to monitors. AMD have higher requirements to their quality

Tried MW2 Warzone myself, have no problems except game sometimes freezing after alt-tab (that is recurring problem for me, similar to different problem with same symptome, but cause is likely different). It also causes crash with error 1337. Even framepacing graph looks quite clean (Compared to shorty whobbly line in Warzone 1)

P.S. Seems that common solution with deleting CoD Warzone folder in documents helped with freezes and crashes. Configuration conflicts? Strange
P.P.S. Nah, seems to be same VRAM power state recover problem i am banging my head against the wall with. Basically don't alt-tab out of game or do it only for shortest amounts of time. But it is strangely inconsistent. Happened constantly hour ago. Now it basically stopped. 

UPD: Yeah... it really basically stopped from happening... REALLY SUSPICIOUS. Maybe i had something conflicting in background? 

0 Likes

I am sorry for a late reply to this one, The solution was actualy disabling MPO, i have now been vigorously testing this solution daily and this actually works, both for me and my brother who had a similar problem just not as active as mine. Now im running Driver version 22.11.1 with no problems at all. when you wrote this solution i shrugged it off at first, because who could have tought that the MPO was the root of ALL my problems? But after a couple of hours i tought that i might aswell try, like ive tried every other written and unwritten solution there is.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this reply, and you are basicly mine and my brothers hero

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

try windows 10

0 Likes
Patrix87
Adept I

You can trick MW2 by changing a registry key and running 22.5.1 just fine :

Install 22.5.1
Modify the registry as Administrator : regedit
Path : Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{~RANDOM-UUID~}\0000
Key : RadeonSoftwareVersion
Value : 22.11.1 or anything newer actually.

--
Working in IT and System Integration since 2003.
I play mostly VR Simulation games like DCS World and Assetto Corsa.

Just wanted to come here to say that I did this and am playing Warzone 2 flawlessly on 22.9.1.

No crashes (yet lol) and I've been able to Alt+Tab out too (which has been an issue for many players).

The game is even more optimized than the first cause I average 110FPS with all the settings on High whereas on Warzone 1 I only averaged 100FPS on all Low settings. 

Been having fun thus far!

No crashes (yet lol) and I've been able to Alt+Tab out too (which has been an issue for many players).

Turning VSync globally off helped me with these game freeze-->crash on alt-tab, it seems. At least i hadn't got this problem even once since did that. So... You may suggest people this step so they could check if it works for them or not. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did just install 22.9.1 there was no need to change registry key.

But againin start of match game will freez few times until I land and from there its all great.

0 Likes

Could you please explain this step by step? I´m kind of newby =P

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did install 22.11.1 and I have freezing during airplane cutscene and until I land after that all works good.

I have the same issue freezes until I land then its smooth sailing. Kinda bummed about it since it freezes at the worst possible time, and I end up way off course.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find solution. problem is with texture resolution setting. I have 6700xt and you have same problem with 6800xt and guy with 6750xt did report same problem. Change texture resolution setting from high to normal or low or lowest. It will happen when texture resolution is set to high only.

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/6700xt-warzone-2-freezing-during-cutscene-and-landing-...

Did you notice ground become black on entire map for second? It will happen every time after jump from airplane but duration is less than second.

0 Likes

sorry to burst the bubble but iv ben told to change texture from high to normal or lower.. dose not fix it.. it just mitigates the issues a bit.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What is MPO and how do I turn it off? @DimkaTsv 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Working fine for me and a friend on 22.11.1, I'm on Windows 10, he's on 11.

Anonymous
Not applicable

6700xt 22.11.1 no problem for now

0 Likes

The game works but...
- All adobe software now crash every 10 minutes or so
- Black Screen or Broken Resolution on restart every 2-3 restart
- SteamVR Direct Display no longer works.

Those are kind of a big deal and have been an issue since after 22.5.1 in may...
(22.5.1 is the last good driver release by AMD)

--
Working in IT and System Integration since 2003.
I play mostly VR Simulation games like DCS World and Assetto Corsa.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you think about aim assist that console players have?

0 Likes
Mattollo
Journeyman III

I fixed it for MY specific situation (this could fix your problems or maybe not, I will only explain what I did to fix it for my specific case)

My PC: ryzen 3 3700x, rx 5700

Symptoms: Warzone 2 unplayable (4-20 fps) on medium/high-end pc

Cause: Windows 11 with tpm option enabled and outdated bios version.

I tried with radeon driver versions 22.11.1, 22.9.1, 22.5.1 and I updated the chipset driver but nothing seemed to work (eventually I reinstalled the last radeon driver version that is 22.11.1 at the moment of writing).

Solutions:

• disable tpm in bios
  • update bios to have agesa 1.2.0.7 (what I did and suggest)

Now my FPS in warzone have gone from 4-20 to 100+. Furthermore, it fixed random huge video and audio stutters (happening from time to time).

My PC seems smoother overall.

0 Likes

Did it too but does not work here.

Can't get more than 60 fps with a 6800XT & Ryzen 5 5600X

0 Likes

Hello, playing without any problem on 6900xt with 22.5.1 driver version.

jhonb
Journeyman III

hey guys,

I have a 6800 XT & Ryzen 5 5600X and I can't get over 60 fps for the 2 last weeks.

All drivers + bios are up to date. Anybody has the same issue?

0 Likes

Zeetank_on_Twitchtv_0-1678253296685.png

23.3.1 AMD Software : Adrenalin Edition Version.

Havent been able to play ONE single game since i updated.

I'm rocking Rysen 9 5950x
RX7900XT 
Crosshair VIII DARKHERO 
64gb Ram 

Updated from A to Z and jesus, tonight was a nightmare of a night for the game.

I hgavent been able to make ONE SINGLE GAME happen.

Crash over Crash OVER CRASH.