Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SsSpudd
Journeyman III

VRAM Clock speed maxed out at 2487

Hello there, 

I just recently got myself a 7900xtx and installed drivers, and i've noticed that my VRAM clock speeds are always maxed out. I tried solutions such as CRU and Disabling/Enabling Free sync yet that doesn't work. Both monitors are at the same refresh rate. The only thing that seems to "fix" this issue is Disabling SAM, with this i've noticed my power draw going from 110-130w idle to about 40-60w idle (Not worried about when gaming regardless of how much it pulls) and the clock speeds arent stuck at 2487MHz in adrenalin. I would appreciate some help.

PC Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB SPEEDSTER MERC 310
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB (2x 16GB)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold

Drives:
Firecuda 530 500GB
2x WD BLACK850X

Monitors:
1x AOC Gaming Q27G2S - 27 Inch QHD Monitor, 165Hz
1x AOC Gaming 27G2SPAE - 27 Inch FHD Monitor, 165Hz

EDIT: Having a video playing in the background makes the clock speeds be normal but still my idle power draw is 110-130w.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

I guess this does not happen when you disconnect one of the monitors?

0 Likes
SsSpudd
Journeyman III

Nope, this still continues to happen when one of the monitor is unplugged. I managed to lower it by changing the bios on the card to the "OC" variant and it dropped to 73-80w now. But it honestly seems that turning off SAM would lower my wattage the best, but then wouldn't I lose performance if I turn off SAM? Paid 850 for the card and I don't regret it but this high power draw and vram being maxed out is really making me want to return it.

EDIT: PC crashed and after i turned it back on, idle power went to 110-130w again

0 Likes

Idk if this is a Windows Issue or the Driver's issue, every time I play a FPS game and the match finishes, my entire pc turns into a stuttery mess. whole pc runs at 1fps. I've just reinstalled windows alongside with , and I'm going to do more testing hopefully later today whilst I'm going to be streaming. It happened yesterday, whilst I was streaming yet there was 0 issues when I played "The Outer Worlds", it seems to only happen when I'm playing FPS games such as Valorant, and sometimes just randomly happens whilst I'm afk'ing on my desktop. I'm on driver version 24.3.1.

0 Likes

Tested everything. Reinstalled windows. Completely reinstalled drivers using DDU and Revo Uninstaller (two separate occasions), Nothing changed. Turned off SAM, my pc became buttery smooth. No more of the whole pc dropping to 1 fps. No more High idle power usage. Everything fixed after turning off SAM. Can someone explain why this happens?

0 Likes

Never mind it did not fix my issue, my pc just drops to 1fps after tabbing out of games, whether they are Exclusive Fullscreen/Windowed Fullscreen/Borderless Fullscreen. I've disabled MPO and Enabled it, doesn't make a difference. Can someone help me?!?!?

0 Likes