cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jonnyd100
Newcomer

Vega 8 Mobile Graphics Driver?

Hey, I just got one of the HP Envy x360 with the AMD Ryzen 5 2500u which has integrated Vega 8 Graphics. I've been having problems playing videos with my computer even freezing up and crashing streaming a YouTube video. I was wondering when the Vega 8 integrated graphics will be supported since the one provided by HP simply does not seem to be that stable.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer has customize the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from the notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system (OS) is not the OS originally installed on the laptop, it may not meet all the requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the laptop manufacturer for supported OS and graphics drivers for your specific laptop.

AMD provides a reference/generic graphics driver for AMD Mobility Radeon & APU graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver.

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

I have found that most laptop manufacturers stop offering graphics updates after 2 or 3. AMD generally has them after the OEM has offered at least one. I am really surprised and impressed that this is the first mention of this Vega mobility even tho it has been out for a few months. You might make sure any power saving features are disabled.

The next time you play a video/stream, try right clicking on it and uncheck 'use hardware acceleration'...see if that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer has customize the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from the notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system (OS) is not the OS originally installed on the laptop, it may not meet all the requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the laptop manufacturer for supported OS and graphics drivers for your specific laptop.

AMD provides a reference/generic graphics driver for AMD Mobility Radeon & APU graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver.

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

I have found that most laptop manufacturers stop offering graphics updates after 2 or 3. AMD generally has them after the OEM has offered at least one. I am really surprised and impressed that this is the first mention of this Vega mobility even tho it has been out for a few months. You might make sure any power saving features are disabled.

The next time you play a video/stream, try right clicking on it and uncheck 'use hardware acceleration'...see if that helps.