cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KiraShka
Journeyman III

Using my old SSD that was on an intel CPU with AMD CPU

I'm using my previous SSD from my intel computer and upgraded to AMD MOBA and CPU almost a year ago. My computer has been turning off all of a sudden for a week, thought it's a windows update issue after I got that fixed, Now I see in the event viewer that it says Intel Rapid Storage is failing should I keep my Intel drivers or should I just completely remove anything that says intel and I'm also using a 3070 GIGABYTE GPU.

0 Likes
4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Are you still using the same Windows install that you had with your old mobo?

If so, you may have a lot of driver issues to solve. I would fresh install Windows.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Remove anything intel, except any supplied by mobo (wireless/lan/bt if you use them).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

What is the Make & Model of the old  SSD that you are using for your Windows drive?

Is it a Intel SSD?

Possibly could be a conflict between your old Intel CHIPSET and AMD CHIPSET drivers.

If you have a Intel SSD, Download Intel's Driver Assistant and let it install the latest driver for your Intel SSD.

Also install the latest AMD CHIPSET driver for your motherboard.

Make sure in BIOS you have your AHCI is set for SATA and not RAID mode.

Found this 2017 about the same error you are getting "Intel Rapid Storage Failure": https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-rapid-storage-technology-failure-platfor...

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Once you remove non-essential/conflicting Intel drivers from your system (should be easy to locate in device manager) do the following.

Open Command Prompt as Admin and run sfc scannow to check your OS for corrupt or missing files (this will auto repair any issues found following a restart).

Do the same with Command Prompt but this time run CHKDSK C:/f (This will do a full check of your SSD which includes factory core drivers and bad sectors and will attempt to repair any storage device issues following a restart).

Command Prompt is great for resolving a lot of issues or performing very effective preventative maintenance.

A handful of command prompt lines will save you a lot of headache but when major pains do arise they can often solve the issue or isolate it to the point you know exactly what is causing the problem.

Good luck and strongly advise following elstaci's advice. He will take the time to give detail walkthroughs on instructions he provides.