cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

inth3shadows
Adept I

Triple monitor issue - RX 580

I recently updated my drivers and AMD software Adrenaline. Recently unplugged and disconnected my third monitor to plug and play on another setup. (seems like disconnecting may have been a bad idea)

Brought it back and now windows is seeing it - but saying it is not active. 
But I can do eyefinity with 3 monitors through AMD - so this seems like it has to be related to AMD?

When I unplug any single monitor - it shows the other two monitors. 

So it isn't an HDMI issue. It seems to be something related only to 3 monitors.

Two monitors running on HDMI to displayport adapters. 

One running HDMI (that's the one that isn't auto detecting). 

Number 3 shows here, but won't display. (All are 27", so something isn't detecting correctly). 

In the radeon software it only shows 2 monitors. (but eyefinity works perfectly and loads the third monitor when I set it up). 

inth3shadows_0-1689948126096.png

Lastly, all monitors show up correct in Device manager. 

inth3shadows_1-1689948311108.png

If there is anyone who can troubleshoot this with me, I'd be happy to discord/google meet/whatever. This is driving me crazy. I use all three monitors for work.

1 Solution

Not sure what fixed it. But kept fiddling and something worked. Wish I had the solve to share. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
inth3shadows
Adept I

Additionally probably important 

Running win 11 and triple monitor setup for 2+ years. 

0 Likes

Not sure what fixed it. But kept fiddling and something worked. Wish I had the solve to share. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show hidden device manager see if previous setup was still in there as a shadow config.

Also you should all DP or all HDMI and all same resolution and clone them where possible or just extend them.

I understand the eyefinity can be toggle on in adrenaline drivers, but windows often identifies ports and displays and settings for each device plugged in in the logs.. those uhh DP to HDMI adaptor converters suck and mean no freesync and low quality. active signal or otherwise is how they've always been dunno about recent 8k HDMI2.1? some AVRs might passthrough freesync somehow so cable adaptors might too? but almost all HDMI and DP converters are the worst.. unless its purely for audio so you can CLONE the output youre better off all the same as different HDMI and DP outputs use the same uhh OUTPUT.. and would need to be buffered like video playback.. which is why nvidia/intels fake computers suck. when you drag from one desktop or monitor to another VSYNC needs to be enabled to let you play back on 2 different displays with maybe different settings.

That said, its often an issue when plugging and unplugging stuff that it might be trying to BOOT outputting to say an AVR receiver instead of the TV.. so one of them that is normally getting signal.. is going output to a different device then windows is the problem as it confuses them. you click the numbers identify and see which screen is which and such. But the bios maybe boots off the DP one or the HDMI one.. and depending on whats plugged in FIRSTLY. in the primary slot.. think TV's HDMI 1 through to 4.. theres often just the one PC HDMI or ARC channel HDMI.. the rest might be lower spec