cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

The "Valentines" day drivers are not a sweetheart package - OneNote "pen" drawing now LAGS!!!

I don't know if OneNote SUCKS or it's the AMD drivers that SUCK. But here's my situation right now.

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed that Microsoft's "OneNote" freezes up on my Windows 10 22h2 19045.2604 system.

I have only the AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with iGPU (Vega 8 Graphics) for my video display. I got tired of the OneNote application freezing up so I went ahead and updated the Adrenalin Drivers (they were about 2 years old) to the "Valentines" day package. Now, instead of fixing the freeze-ups in OneNote, which I had hoped for, it's causing the drawing of the pen strokes to lag in Microsoft's "OneNote" Version 2301 (Build 16026.20200 Click-to-Run).

I could move the pen with my mouse for 10 minutes if I so chose to. I can see that the stroke of the pen doesn't even BEGIN to go to the screen until you actually RELEASE the mouse button. That is ridiculous lag.

As I said, before, I don't know if OneNote sucks or these drivers suck but I do know that this horrible drawing "pen lag" began right after I updated to the "Valentines Day" drivers.

Please somebody help me to investigate this and offer me some advice. These performance issues are not acceptable on a regular basis!

Thank You!

0 Likes
0 Replies