cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Bloater51
Adept I

The game Workers and Resources:Soviet Republic fails in versions after 22.5.1

I and other players of this game have found that the game crashes when playing with Win 11 and the latest drivers. I have a 6600XT, but it is replicated with other cards (eg 6800XT). Downgrading to the 22.5.1 Radeon version fixes it. Windows logs provide no useful information.

4 Replies
Vimes
Adept II

When I first bought a 6800XT, Red Devil LTD edition, it worked absolutely fine, in both W 10 and 11, providing I only play AAA type games. The FPS and stability was fine, no issues noted.

However it was VERY different when playing many of the Indie type games I love to play. As an example I show how the game ran at 99 FPS (restricted to 100FPS) with a 1080Ti GPU. Then with a 6800XT it ran at 53 or so FPS.

That frame rate difference was fairly typical of owning a 6800 XT and playing the Indie titles I tried. That was compared to a 1080Ti. A fresh install of W10 or a fresh install of W 11 made no difference. After two weeks of owning the card, I made posts here asking for help, I returned it for a full refund and bought an MSI 3070 Gaming X, perfect and no problems with expected performance in AAA titles and the Indie games I played.

This post is more of a support for the post above, many posts are within that games support forums over at Steam that show people struggling with crashes, texture corruption and or poor performance with a 6000 series card whilst trying to play it.

1080Ti1080Ti6800XT6800XTDriver analysisDriver analysis

Bloater51
Adept I

I have now tried 22.11.2 with the same result.

0 Likes
von_moltke
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with a RX6900 and drivers past 22.5.1. This seems to be RX6000 related, as it works without crashes on my old Vega56 with current drivers. The game uses Directx11.

I have already contacted the devs of the game and they weren't able to reproduce the error, because they lack a RX6000 card.  Neither the game nor windows provided log information related to crashing.

0 Likes
SonnyKA
Journeyman III

Same here.

Ryzen 7700X - 6800XT
Windows 11

Crashes to desktop every ~5 minutes. I am using AMD driver version Adrenalin 22.11.2.

0 Likes