cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DirtySwen69
Adept I

Switch from Nvidia to AMD

I switched from my RTX 4070 to an RX 7900 XTX, and ever since, I can't launch a single game except Far Cry 6. Everything hangs up in the loading screen and then the game crashes. I tried a Bios reset, a few times DDU and nothing helped. Can someone please help me?

1 Solution

• Ryzen 7 7800X3D (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut)
  • AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX ASUS TUF
  • MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi
  • Bequiet Dark Power Pro 11 750w Platinum
  • Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 6000Mhz CL36
  • Lexar NM790 2TB
  • Crucial P3 Plus 1TB
  • NZXT H7 Flow
  • 4x ARCTIC P14 PWM PST A-RGB 0dB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
GEM2
Adept II

Sometimes old drivers and Registry entries can cause issues, further more , there could be pre-cached shaders saved to disk for specific to Arch. These need to be rebuilt for each game. 

Check the event log on reason why game is crashing. There could be multitude of reasons. 

If its not too much work, I would recommend reinstalling windows, drivers  and games again for clean start.

I did a fresh Windows install and it's still the same.
I can post a few errors i got 

Everything was during the loading screen.
AC.pngCarX.pngFall guys.pngFiveM 2.pngFiveM.pngFN.pngimage.pngRDR2.png

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Any specific error message? Like GEM2 mentioned, many games have specific shader caches which need clearing.

I assume this is windows. If you experience a lot of crashing, it's always good to do the system sfc and dism commands to ensure your windows install is valid. You can google usage.

You should probably post your pc specs.

0 Likes

• Ryzen 7 7800X3D (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut)
  • AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX ASUS TUF
  • MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi
  • Bequiet Dark Power Pro 11 750w Platinum
  • Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 6000Mhz CL36
  • Lexar NM790 2TB
  • Crucial P3 Plus 1TB
  • NZXT H7 Flow
  • 4x ARCTIC P14 PWM PST A-RGB 0dB
0 Likes

That PSU is under the minimum requirement of 800w. Then if the gpu is an OC version, then you need to look at min for the gpu you are using. Here is some doc from amd referencing mi req

https://www.amd.com/content/dam/amd/en/documents/radeon-tech-docs/user-guides/quick-start-guide-amd-...

0 Likes

Do you think it‘s the PSUs fault that it won‘t work? I did like 5 benchmarks (timespy, firestrike, heaven bench and EZbenchmark) and everything worked perfectly fine but as soon as i started a game it instantly crashed during the loading screen except Far Cry 6.

0 Likes

From psu manual, "The overclocking key empowers you with full control for overclocking by manual switching between the default four 12V-rail mode and the alternative massive single-rail operation"

I assume you have it in the default multirail config. Make sure you split the load across all rails or switch it to single-rail operation.

In my experience, lack of power generally shuts a pc down but maybe if the component needing power is inside the gpu, maybe the gpu just crashes.

0 Likes

I installed a new PSU a few minutes ago and it keeps crashing but idk why 

0 Likes
Janne_76
Adept I

Personally i would go with a good quality 1000W PSU on that setup just to be safe. Have you tried to tweak the power tuning all the way down from adrenaline or maybe lower the GPU clock?

Janne_76_0-1713187226990.png

0 Likes

Yes, i tried UV and the power limit on -10 but it's still the same error

0 Likes
Janne_76
Adept I

Did you reinstall any of these games after reinstalling Windows? You only said that you reinstalled Windows, you didnt specify that you installed games also?

0 Likes

I did and it's the same error as before 

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

-Check the drives for errors on crystaldiskinfo .
-Uninstall these games and install again .
-Install the entire visual c package

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/CrystalDiskInfo_20240312184118 strzalka.png

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

Reinstalling the games won‘t help me because i just did a fresh Windows install yesterday so everything‘s gone. 

0 Likes

You didn't write what drivers you are using?
Have you also tried cleaning the system with amdcleanuputility ?

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes

I tried a few drivers but none of them worked. 
Yes i also tried the amdcleanuputility

0 Likes
DirtySwen69
Adept I

The TUF card i bought was „damaged“. I tried everything and nothing worked so i just bought a new RX 7900 XTX Sapphire Nitro + and it runs like a dream.

0 Likes