cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JFGagnon
Journeyman III

StoreMI Crashed my PC when cache is full

I had many issues installing StoreMI but the version 2.1.0.218 is finally on...

But when the cache is full, my drives and apps has been corrupted and my pc just crashed and reboot during a Minecraft game session...

I had to clear the cache manually, separate my drives, scan and repair the faulty drive, delete and reinstall the apps that were corrupted by StoreMI and even then, I'm not sure if everything is still going fine, because I had to change the location of one the app on another drive that was not affected by StoreMI to make it work again...

Hope that I won't have to do this everytime that the cache will be full again...

Is there any way to prevent this? Or would there be a way to use StoreMI to cache only one partition of a HDD drive. I have a 8T with 3 partitions. Two of them are for storage only and doesn't need to be cached, but the third one is for all my games. This partition is setted at 1.5T and I use a 250g Samsung Evo 870 SSD in the StoreMI config. 
Because of the two storage partitions the StoreMI Cache is fulling too fast... 🤷‍

0 Likes
1 Reply
JFGagnon
Journeyman III

And then... I did resync my drive after clening the cache and resolving the apps issues, and now... StoreMI just crash when I'm trying to open it...

Is there a way to repair StoreMI while a drive is still sync with it...

The last time that I ran into this kind of issue, I had to reinstall windows completely to be able to make StoreMI work again!!!

0 Likes