cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mikaelsfm
Journeyman III

Some black flashes while gaming (and browser letters failing too)

Good morning everyone

I've been playing Valorant and Hogwarts Legacy all week, no problems. Suddenly today, I opened Valorant and I see some flashes, like rendering failure and I have no idea what it could be, it's happening while gaming and watching videos.

I've already cleaned my PC, removed the dust, and it's still happening. Graphics are all up to date, everything looks fine.

I'm using a MSI Radeon RX 570, Ryzen 5 3500x, MB Asrock A320M.

Video of the problem here (it's happening in every game)

Also, sometimes elements from browser, like text and buttons also have some problems that I can't explain ...

Already tried another GPU, worked perfectly. With my GPU, switched RAM and the problem remains. 

4 Replies
Bigamo
Adept I

I am having the exact same problem with my MSI RX570 8gb in Ryzen 5 3600x CPU. 

It started after the updated driver for Company of Heroes 3. 

At first i had green pixels in the screen also (in warframe), now only the kind of problem related here in the video while playing Guilty Gear: Strive, somehow the green pixels went away, in Warframe from time to time the screen is getting black as if the video got disconnected and went back after a few seconds as if nothing ever happened. 

0 Likes
daloco1
Adept II

the black streaks are artifacts, you generally start seeing them if you overclock to high or your card is failing.
but sometimes it's drivers, if you updated drivers recently try rolling back.  

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wi-Fi II - Ryzen 9 5900X - Deepcool LT720 360mm AIO - 32GB G.skill Ripjaws V Series DDR 4 3600 - Sapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX - Corsair RM1000x - Corsair 5000D Airflow

Thank you, i am totally sure it was drivers and it began in the february patch that gave company of heroes 3 support. Both of us use MSI RX570, have the exact same problem and it began at the same time. I have already uninstalled and reainstalled all the drivers, but i have a problem. Where do i find the older AMD drivers? i am searching and so far have been unable to find then. 

Edit: i have found 3.2.1 trying to install it to see if works or if i need to install an even older version. I will update here. 

So, it the problem corrected itself, then got back after the last windows update. But i was unsure if it was windows 10 updates the problems, but now to me it is pretty clear it is. 

I have uninstaled AMD drivers and then run a game, sure, performance was crap, but i had no artifacts, no black screens, no green pixels (in warframe). Everything was fine, so we can exclude GPU problems, yesterday night while playing warframe the blinking green pixels of death came back. and that after i had  windows update at afternoon. 

i reinstalled the windows 10 and the AMD drivers but no solution, seems like the only way i can play without severe artefacting is to turn off amd drivers and playing with like 20 FPS. XD 

0 Likes