cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rdsxz
Journeyman III

Solid Colored Screen; Rx470 Crashes on every boot after starting any game

A week ago I used my computer for the first time in a month. I want to preface that I have already searched these forums and tried all of the solutions, but I haven't found one that works for me.

My specs:

Sama Tank RGB, 3 Front fans, One back, 15.2L/s airflow (Fairly unknown brand, but a very nice case)

Aorus B450 Elite V.2 Motherboard

Ryzen 5 3500x 6c/6t (AMD Stock Cooler)

2 x 8, 16gb 3000mhz Oloy Ram, Running in Dual Channel

Msi Armor Rx470 4gb Mining edition

4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD; Manufactured May 2020

Apevia 600w 80+ Gold (People have issues with this brand, but I haven't seen any  myself)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Every time I start up a game, it crashes at most a minute in. I used to only crash every now and then, and I might try for a bit to get it working, but now I can do anything but play my games. I cant even play CSGO, or Ravenfield, my two least Graphically intensive games. When my computer isnt crashing, It works really well. When I'm playing Siege, I play at "Very High" settings and Its poppin' at 160 fps. Point is, The only problem seems to be that "amdkmdag.sys" has a "TDR Video Failure" something or other on every game I play now. I've tried adding a TDR delay, Changing the allowed % of wattage to max in Radeon software,, rolling back to older drivers and also using AMD Utility Cleaner to perform clean installs.

I feel that this is a driver issue, not a GPU issue. It works fantastic when this error wasn't present.

Here is my Whocrashed report, I have crashed even more since, obviously, but it hasnt recorded it for some reason:

On Thu 6/17/2021 5:24:53 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061721-53437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amdkmdag.sys (0xFFFFF807313821C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFF8483E0A96460, 0xFFFFF807313821C0, 0x0, 0xD)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0365275.inf_amd64_136741f59e43f995\B364966\amdkmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amdkmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Thank you for any help, and I direly need.

0 Likes
0 Replies