cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JoshuaRod
Journeyman III

screen tearing

I don't know exactly when this happened but after installing a driver update for my 6700 XT, i have been experiencing screen tearing on certain games like apex legends, assassin creed unity, but not other games like Roblox, duel links or nikke goddess of victory. I have tried changing the in game graphic settings and changing the resolution. but nothing has worked, I've tried rolling back the drivers but that didn't work either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers to the newest one but that didn't work either. at this point im at a loss on what else to do so I'm hoping to get some type of help from either the community or the support team. also the tearing is starting to get worse by the tearing slightly happening when I'm watching a stream or just doing basic things on Microsoft edge. please help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
VarHar
Adept I

Before this gets attention of the support team, its a good idea to check if the issue is not on your end.
This can be caused by either your gpu or monitor, with the driver update just coincidence.
For monitor:
Turn off, plug cables out, hold the monitor power button, plug cables back in, turn on.
For gpu:
open amd driver software, adrenalin and reset default settings.
You can also download ddu, run with windows in safe mode and reinstall newest drivers.
If all above fails, install old drivers https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6700-seri... and report what version caused the issue and if downgrading fixed it,

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

0 Likes
Theglenman
Journeyman III

This may help. I also was getting screen tearing with amd software installed, what I did was uninstalled all amd stuff and just reinstalled the drivers. And now use msi afterburner. It fixed the tearing for me 

0 Likes