Drivers & Software

ozen21k
Journeyman III

sapphire 6800XT nitro black screens all the time

so i have this card for a while now

i got a i5 10600kf

z490m motherboard

and AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

used to crash every once in a while in valorant so that didnt really bothered me also i could unplug the hdmi cable and plug and it would be over

but now it just crashing and i have to restart my pc every time i tries to log in to new world im running a 1080p 280hz asus tuf monitor and another 165hz 1440p dell monitor

i just noticed that if i keep my game uncapped it def black screens if it on 60 on some area it runs and some instantly black screens

for now im trying 30 cap will update..

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the same with my RX5700XT, as with many others. This is due to the Radeon graphics driver, which controls the core voltage and core clock in the standard setting until the WattMan error. The only thing that helps is to reduce the core clock and voltage. I use the MSI Afterburner for this, have only installed the Radeon driver, and the graphics benchmark FurMark, where you can also query your manufacturer-specific graphics card data in the GPU-Z. In the Afterburner you can force a constant voltage and test the graphics profiles with FurMark for FPS, temperature and power consumption, whether that is stable. When installing the Radeon driver you should pay attention to certain things, you can read about it in my articles.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

Do you have both mons connected at the same time? 

0 Likes

yeah i do

will try to plug one out

update game was stable for 10 minutes with 1 monitor 1080p one 60 cap then crashed

got the error Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure

update got the new amd drivers 21.10.2 game ran for an hour then crashed 1 monitor on heard 5 beeps from the gpu or motherboard after i reset

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the same with my RX5700XT, as with many others. This is due to the Radeon graphics driver, which controls the core voltage and core clock in the standard setting until the WattMan error. The only thing that helps is to reduce the core clock and voltage. I use the MSI Afterburner for this, have only installed the Radeon driver, and the graphics benchmark FurMark, where you can also query your manufacturer-specific graphics card data in the GPU-Z. In the Afterburner you can force a constant voltage and test the graphics profiles with FurMark for FPS, temperature and power consumption, whether that is stable. When installing the Radeon driver you should pay attention to certain things, you can read about it in my articles.

0 Likes

thank you that seems to solve the problem i just played a bit with the frequency and the volatge game seems to be stable 60 fps low settings 2 monitors on

just wanted a quick fix for the weekend i will find better settings this week 

for now its

min freq 750 

max freq 2250

volatge 1025

i tried high 60fps seems the game crash but the monitor isnt

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is due to the different graphics engines in the games. With Doom Eternal, the game always requests the latest graphics driver and the game runs with the standard graphics settings of the Radeon driver without any problems until now.

0 Likes

i tried it

i have the latest driver and it wont even run on high settings capped to 60 fps (which i could do 120 and even more)

idk what they did this update that broke my gpu but i hope they will fix it quickly

in any other games the black screen was once in every few weeks or days and i could just unplung and plug it back without the need to restart

0 Likes