cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LinVivi
Adept I

Sad. Considering going Team Green - 10.1.2 is Broken

Hello, and I hope everyone's having a great day!

I'm rather frustrated and sad today.

I've been enjoying my 6600 XT for gaming, but the current state of the driver is making me lose my mind.

10.1.2 is broken and once installed and Adrenalin just won't open anymore, making it impossible to even consider upgrading to any future version through the program. This on itself is not great, but when it gets really bad for me is when trying to actually do my job. I'm currently a full time video editor and for a few patches now, the driver is making the color curves in Sony Vegas show up and render incorrectly.

Say I'm working with this picture:

LeagueOfLegends_Worlds2022_DRXDeft_Trophy_holding.jpg

With 10.1.2 installed, the colors will show up like this on the video editor:

02.png

This happens not only with images but also with videos, it has been going on for a few patches now, and it's incredibly frustrating. I'm currently stuck with 23.7.1, as it's the last patch where the colors were not messed up, and what this means is that... if I wanna do my work, I'm stuck with an old driver that won't be optimized for future games or even just security features.

I love my Radeon card, as I think the value for what I get has been great, but if this driver situation continues, I might as well just bite the bullet and go back to Team Green. I never had a single driver issue with my old 750Ti but this is the first time that I'm regretting going Team Red.

I shouldn't have to look up solutions and fenagle old drivers to get basic correct functionality in my programs and games.

1 Solution
LinVivi
Adept I

Right, so... leave it to the user to figure it out I guess. This is an immediate fix for all the problems I listed above.

Use the Auto-Detect and Install download from the AMD Drivers page, and use it to install the Pro Edition of the AMD Software. Most up to date version is 23.Q3.1 and not only will it open the software itself, but my issues with the color in video editing are gone, and it may just be a Placebo effect, but I think even my games run better. Don't bother with Adrenalin. It's broken and they clearly don't care to fix it.

I may still just get a 3060 Ti later.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

To aid people who might offer solutions please provide more information about your PC.

Information Required When Posting a Discussion - AMD Community

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I don't know my mobo. Ryzen 5 5600G. 32GB RAM. Radeon RX 6600 XT. Don't know my power supply. Windows 11 Home 22H2

I need to say: This isn't something I need to fix. This is something you guys have to fix. I shouldn't have to fidget with the PC to get something as basic as a GPU driver to work properly every three weeks.

Again: Should I just go back to team green? This isn't even about Ray Tracing or DLSS. This is a BASIC functionality driver.

Fix it, please.

LinVivi
Adept I

Right, so... leave it to the user to figure it out I guess. This is an immediate fix for all the problems I listed above.

Use the Auto-Detect and Install download from the AMD Drivers page, and use it to install the Pro Edition of the AMD Software. Most up to date version is 23.Q3.1 and not only will it open the software itself, but my issues with the color in video editing are gone, and it may just be a Placebo effect, but I think even my games run better. Don't bother with Adrenalin. It's broken and they clearly don't care to fix it.

I may still just get a 3060 Ti later.