Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Leminur
Adept I

Ryzen 7950x Integrated Graphics driver do not work

Good evening,

I am having a bad time using 7950x with the integrated video. I am using an Asus Rog Hero to connect an HDMI cable to the motherboard and I am using Windows 11 with the latest updates. My GPU is fried so I need to use CPU-integrated graphics. I can use video with it but I can't really run games because it either says that OpenCL is not available or because of a faulty driver.

I downloaded the video drivers recommended by AMD, but after I installed them, as soon as Windows 11 boots, the computer freezes and there are visual glitches. I cannot do anything but restart the computer in Safe Mode and remove the driver using AMD's remove utility. I have used Armoury Crate but without success, as I had the same glitch. I literally cannot play anything with it.

Does anyone know what is up?

15 Replies

Can you upload an image of GPU-Z to see if the AMD  driver is installed correctly?

In GPU-Z at the bottom you should have OpenCL, OpenGL, Vulkan, and possibly 1 or 2 more boxed checked. If OpenCL  or OpenGL is not check marked than the driver is not install correctly after installing the AMD driver.

Also after installing the AMD driver go to Device Manager and see if there are any errors showing.

Also make sure you have removed your defective GPU card from your motherboard.

Here is the latest AMD driver for your APU: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-9-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-9-7...

Before installing the latest driver use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the created AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD.

If your defective GPU card was from Nvidia use DDU to first remove all traces of your Nvidia GPU driver and then use it again to remove all traces of AMD driver.

Once DDU reboots back into Windows install the full AMD driver package you downloaded. IF successful, reconnect the Internet and again delete C:\AMD folder.

Run GPU-Z and make sure all the appropriate boxes at the bottom (APIs) are check marked.

So I did what you said. I removed the defective GPU from the motherboard, even though it was not powered up, it was still connected to the mobo.  I opened GPU-Z but the only thing I had the box checked on was OpenGL 1.1, and I had the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of the AMD one.

I did use DDU to remove everything from AMD and unplugged the internet. Went to safe mode to remove everything, but the same problem happens no matter what. The screen and computer freeze and video glitches everywhere. I removed it using DDU, then tried to install it on normal boot, but failed. Tried using Driver Only option, but failed. Tried to use the reset check, but failed. The only result I had different was that, when installing in safe mode, it gave me a 192 Error and this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb192   Which is related to OS. So I believe this is a Windows 11 error? I don't know what to do... AMD should fix this.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Did you get the drivers from here? AMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X Drivers & Support | AMD

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Yep. I did download it exactly from that link. AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

Could this be the same thing some people have with AMD GPU's and Win11, where Win11 automatically "updates" a driver on top of AMD driver and it fails? There is more information about it here: https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/windows-11-updates/m-p/554115 

Also, is it possible your GPU was not the only thing that fried - how did it happen?

EDIT: I once had an Intel CPU and it's integrated graphics would not work if CPU was overclocked. Also try installing without antivirus software running as 7000-series iGPU is not a very common piece of software and some antivirus programs might not recognice it.

Well, the driver for the R9 280 I had kept crashing over and over. And this happened previously even before installing 7950x. Everything else except for the PSU is new, so I don't think that is the case. Also, I did use DDU and I set it to disable the option to download the driver automatically. I uninstalled everything using DDU and unplugged the ethernet cable as well, yet it still failed just like before.

I do use overclock for DRAM though, should I remove that? And I do use Kaspersky, do you think that is the culprit for the driver to not work?

0 Likes

I would definitely try default memory settings, even with XMP/DOCP/EXPO disabled for testing just to eliminate any chance of it affecting results. Also try running with one DIMM at a time, try both DIMMs.

Antivirus programs can affect how programs or its components install and work. I would definitely try installation with 100% disabled antivirus/security suite.

Then make sure system files and everything is ok: 
- open command prompt as administator
- type chkdsk /F and let it run when computer starts the next time when it asks about it
- reboot
- go back to command prompt as admin again
- type sfc /scannow

Make sure antivirus in still disabled
DDU current drivers -> reboot
install drivers

So basically drop memory speed to minimum, disable antivirus, check system files and C-drive, DDU old drivers, maybe even try reinstalling chipset drivers just in case antivirus software affected them somehow, reinstall GPU drivers and...

cross fingers

EDIT: Also disable PBO and everything like that if you have it on, never hursts to clear CMOS either.

Yeah. It did not work. I used the AMD driver uninstaller, removed everything, then removed DOCP and used BIOS default options, but the same error happened. Then tried with one DIMM, and the same error occurred. I used chkdsk /F and sfc /scannow, and in fact, windows found some corrupted files here and there. Yet, I installed the chipset and video drivers without anti-virus and in safe mode, but all of them did not work.

At least there is a small change. Instead of crashing right in the beginning, it gives me an Hypervision error BSOD, and then it restarts by itself instead of freezing. I don't know what to do.

Should I actually reinstall windows 11? 

0 Likes
Flyfisherman
Challenger

TechPowerUP: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Review - Integrated Graphics Performance

Quote:
"AMD's goal with this IGP is not to provide gaming-grade performance, but to enable corporate users running 2D desktop applications like Windows, Word, Excel, and similar light-weight apps. The integrated graphics will also come in handy for troubleshooting, as you can boot and use your system without a discrete graphics card—useful in case of GPU RMA, too.

Last but not least, the IGP has hardware encode/decode capabilities that can be used even when a discrete graphics card is installed, which could help offload some transcoding work from the GPU."

Sure some games can be run at low graphic settings as TechPowerUp have tested, but I am unsure about OpenCL games in particular.

Best regards from Sweden.

Ohh yeah, I do understand that it barely provides efficiency as a dedicated graphics card, but the problem is that I can't start any game at all. GPU-Z provided me with the information that I don't have support for anything but OpenCL 1.1, and thus I can't start any game as it uses Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead of AMD's video drivers. I am not sure why the AMD drivers freeze my pc.

felipeisamu
Journeyman III

I´m having the exact same problem as Leminur with the Ryzen 7950x Integrated Graphics driver. I just bought a brand new desktop with the Ryzen 7950x with the motherboard Asus TUF X670E-plus WiFi. I do not have an external GPU installed. I was able to install all drivers, with the exception of the integrated graphics driver. I´ve tried both the driver provided by the Windows Update, as well as the latest versions available at the Asus and AMD support. What I get is always a frozen screen or a blue crash screen after restarting. I´ve already reinstalled a clean copy of Windows 11, but the problem persists. I´m using now my new desktop with the Windows Basic Driver Adaptor, which means that I have a 16-core PC to open e-mails and write in discussion Forums such as this one. Does anyone found a solution to this issue? Thanks and best regards.

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

My integrated drivers do work with 7950. Download drivers from cpus with graphics, not from gpu section. Only issue I have is, I have to disable hardware video acceleration from all web browsers, including Edge.

0 Likes
alperalperler
Journeyman III

Is there any solution guys ? I have ryzen 7 7700x and installing drivers then 2 or 3 times frozen screen... I am using igpu...

0 Likes

I´m still having the same problema with my 7950x. I´m hoping for a driver update, but AMD did not release any updates in 2023. Did you found a solution?

0 Likes

I have 7950X and video hardware encoding was the only thing which did not work. Now I have a dedicated GPU and no longer have that issue.

Double and triple check every cable you have installed from both ends.

Then:

1) Clear CMOS even if you have done so already
2) Update BIOS to latest even if you have done so already
3) Enable Secure Boot - OS: Windows, Enable SVM mode (=Virtualization support) from BIOS
4) Reinstall Windows in such a way that your current system drive is 100% clean and nothing remains of the old installation
5) After Windows has installed itself, disable automatic driver update and reboot (driver update, not windows update. (type change device installation settings to Windows search to find it)
6) DO NOT at any stage allow any mouse, keyboard, RGB controller or anything else install brand specific drivers as some of them are not compatible with Windows/secure boot and can cause issues.
7) Download chipset driver for motherboard from amd.com and install it. Restart and check for Windows updates.

MADZyren_1-1675886817660.png

Select correct CPU/GPU driver from amd.com and install it. Restart.

MADZyren_0-1675886787038.png

0 Likes