Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jpicklyk
Adept I

Ryzen 7900x iGPU constantly crashes/times out in Windows 11

Hello all,

I just completed my first brand new custom build in about 10 years and very excited to be on the new AM5 platform.  Unfortunately the iGPU is a huge problem in that it basically doesn't work on Windows 11 (fully updated) and I can only run the stock windows drivers.  I've installed the latest AMD chipset drivers, MOBO drivers, BIOS updates, Windows updates in hopes of finding a working combination but no joy

I'm wondering if there are others out there in the same situation and if you have found a resolution?  I'm stuck with the iGPU for a little while until I can pick up a discrete GPU at the right performance/price point.

Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen 7900X
ASUS Strix X670E-F Gaming WIFI
BIOS ver.0705
G.Skill 32G RAM @ 6000 in EXPO II mode

AMD Radeon Graphic has to be disabled but the driver version is: 3.0.12029.4013

1 Solution
zzzac
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am facing the same issue with a 7700X and ASUS TUF X670E-PLUS WIFI board.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
jpicklyk
Adept I

The most current error being seen is the following when attempting to force enable the Radeon Graphics:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

If any AMD staff would like debug logs please let me know and I'd be happy to supply you any helpful information.  I'm certain there are many others out there that are hitting the same sorts of challenges.

0 Likes

Appreciate it but no the Adrenaline software or just minimal driver install do not work.  Also downgrading to the version that ASUS lists does not work.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

Tom's hardware recommends installing adrenaline (amd gaming driver suite).  

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ryzen-7000-integrated-gpu-driver-update

Good luck

0 Likes

Appreciate it but no the Adrenaline software or just minimal driver install do not work.  Also downgrading to the version that ASUS lists does not work.

0 Likes

In my case the Adrenaline only made matters worse. Now my system periodically crashes and reboots.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

Windows system not taking registered drivers is a bad sign, you refresh the OS like new clean install?  If not Id start there. if it is fresh bios update?

0 Likes

Yeah I agree that it is a bad sign.  This is a brand new system with a fresh windows 11 install.  I made sure the USB bootable image when installing was fully up to date.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

What do you mean by adrenaline doesn't work? Did it install??  Was there an installation error?adrenaline.png

What is you power supply wattage? 

https://www.amd.com/en/support

0 Likes

Like my initial post said, the driver constantly times out/crashes until windows disables it.  Adrenaline won't run when the iGPU drivers are replaced by the standard windows display adapter.

Power Supply is 1000W but keep in mind this is the 7900X iGPU I am speaking about, not a discreet GPU.

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

Adrenaline is the igpu/apu/ little chip on your cpu,,, driver,,, That is what I am saying.  I am saying install/ run adrenaline and please provide a screenshot of adrenaline or the adrenaline error.  Does not work is not a helpful or specific error.  This cpu needs adrenaline suite to run video 

https://www.amd.com/en/support

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

shift + print screen is copy screen in windows ctrl+ V is paste 

I paste it to paint save it and add picture in reply

please be exact 

0 Likes
jpicklyk
Adept I

Screenshot_20221117_041806.pngScreenshot_20221117_010111.pngScreenshot_20221117_042103.png

Screenshot_20221117_042137.png

Just updated to the latest Asus BIOS that was released, uninstalled all AMD graphics apps/drivers, rebooted, reinstalled Adrenaline that also installs the display drivers (11.1 update).

Set the video options in BIOS to be iGPU, manually set dedicated memory to 1GB instead of auto to ensure no low mem conditions.  Tried both resizable memory on/off.  Tried switching to Display Port instead of HDMI.  Tried disabling all windows virus and defender crap.

After all that, still the same problem.  I'm positive at this point it is an incompatibility between Windows 11 22H2 and AMD drivers in general.  

0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

install shieldinstall shieldyou are in control panel/device manager right?...That isn't workin right? Over and over again doesn't fix it  Adrenaline isn't in control panel... 

go to the support link

download 558818KB "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.11.1-win10-win11-nov15.exe"

And run it...I didn't make 22H2.  Gates literally said he likes to find the lazy way to do things.....22H2

if you have installed the exe you should be able to open it and get an adrenaline screenshot. Not control panel,,,not device manager.  Little red box white arrow in the taskbar by the clock"AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition". 

You wanna try x64 Manjaro? cause I'm good at Linux too... Gnome? Sudo apt Pacman supersu (y) :\\

0 Likes

Haha yeah I work with Linux already and don't need any help with that   In many ways I prefer it to Windows but I have my Linux and mac systems working just fine thanks.

I already downloaded that version of Adrenalin and all my info is based off of it.  I also provided the screenshot from it above (AMD software: Adrenaline Warning) but here it is again so it is clear for you.

Screenshot_20221117_041806.png

Anyhow, I see other posts in these forums with the same issues being experienced on different systems even with discreet AMD GPUs so it's not just my unique setup. 
I have a proper ticket with AMD on this and will update this thread with what the resolution ends up being whenever they get around to fixing it.

0 Likes

To stop that, use one of the options from https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2...

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Volkdude85
Challenger

Ok, sorry,my bad , Good luck hope it get fixed soon for yeah.

I might try to delete the driver or install the suit before MS update on a fresh install.

That's just me.

Windows 10 works for me.

0 Likes

Thanks. Yeah I think this is just a known issue with some MS changes right now. I might reformat and install Win 11 21H2 where everything works better lol

zzzac
Journeyman III

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am facing the same issue with a 7700X and ASUS TUF X670E-PLUS WIFI board.

Formatted PC, installed Win11 21H2 and never upgraded from there.  I also moved to a Nitro+ Pure rx 6950xt and all has been working well.

Make sure you have all the AM5 chipset updates and BIOS updates flashed on your MB for best chance at compatibility. 

In my case the CPU ended up being faulty. Swapped it for a new one and everything works great now.

0 Likes
Juaniluli
Journeyman III

I am in the same exact position. My first build and waiting for a discrete GPU in an affordable price range. In the meantime, I am stuck with a nonfunctioning PC.  I can't watch any videos and my system periodically crashes out of nowhere. The AMD Adrenaline program that supposedly detects the proper driver only made things worse. 

Specs: 

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor. 

Windows 11 

Add some positive voltage shift to iGFX may work. In PBO advanced menu, set GFX curve opt to positive 30. But one should RMA the cpu if possible. Definitely a faulty chip.

0 Likes

You are a saint! I built a new PC and have been dealing with this for a couple days. I went into my motherboard settings and switched advanced PBO settings to be motherboard set instead of auto, and bumped up my GFX curve by 30. So far so good, stable system now using my APU (also waiting on a graphics card)! 

EDIT: Well i had a couple clean boots into windows but had one driver crash today (even get the pop-up that it crashed and asking for a report) but it only crashed once instead of the 5-6 times before it disables the driver entirely... I'm wondering if i should RMA this CPU... temps are good (idle at 40c and peak around 80-85c when benching) and speeds look right. I've tried many settings and nothing has made it completely stable.

0 Likes
0x4C4A
Journeyman III

Faced similar issues with 7600x and Gigabyte B650M X AX and Windows 11. Tried everything listed (reinstall drivers, try older drivers, disable MPO, higher TdrDelay, turn off Expo etc.) , but the driver kept timing out (TDR).

In the end I changed the gfx frequency in the bios from auto to the 7600x spec: 2200MHz. Now it works without a hitch. Very peculiar.

Tried playing around with PBO curve optimizer. Setting the value for GFX to positive 7 seems to also work (with other bios settings being stock apart from RAM set to EXPO1 - 5200). Positive 3 was immediately crashing, values inbetween were unstable.