cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DimmestClub8
Journeyman III

ryzen 7 5800x wont oc with the new update

just updated my adrenaline program and noticed my cpu was in the tuning area and when i click on auto it says restarting then gives me an error with no code, i tried the overall auto clock and it clocks the gpu but the cpu gives the same error. It just says "Auto feature failed, default settings applied"

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Sorry to ask but why use Adrenalin to OC the CPU?

Its a genuine question as we are often used to see either Ryzen Master or Bios settings as a starting point.

My 2 cents, use Ryzen Master for friendly user interface or BIOS for that extra control.

The Englishman

Sorry for the late reply but I normally do use ryzen master but it seemed like it would be easier if I just hit auto overclock under tuner control and it just oc both gpu and cpu together instead of me having to oc the gpu then open ryzen master and overclock the cpu. With it being new I don’t really wanna manually tweak it yet I wanna see what auto limits are for a few months before I go into custom clocking it (wanna see where it sits instead of just jumping to the max because I don’t know how it’ll handle yet)

0 Likes
crystalyser
Adept III

i never had no problems when i tried to OC a cpu via a desktop software.

Especially with ryzen master/adrenalin i only got unstable results with the cpu OC...
RAM OC with ryzen master only very unsatisfactory results....

You'd better read the OC guides in the big well-known forums for a few days,
until you understand what happens if you change option X

it's just gotten a lot easier to overclock your hardware these days, if you have the right hardware to do it!
And it's safer then befor 10 or 15 years to OC because the system (mostly) shuts down the system before
hardware get's damaged.
Ryzen7 5800X 4,95ghz; LLC3; 420mm Liquid Freezer2; Corsair RGB Pro SL 32gb/2 - 3600mhz CL18; Sapphire RX6800 Pulse OC; Asus XG27AQ 165Hz; MSI X570 Gaming Plus PPT:137W EDC:135A TDC:95A; BeQuiet! PP 730W
0 Likes