Drivers & Software

RichardR
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600, USB controller dropping audio

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 16GB
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC 8GB

BIOS: MSI AMI BIOS7C02v3F (AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.7.)

I recently purchased a MOTU M2 which is an USB audio interface. I've been facing a quite lot of issues from the first day, some issues are fixed some are still present. Two of these are crackling audio (vinyl record type) and audio drop out. I have used this audio interface on my friend's Intel Laptop and it works fine there, no audio dropout or crackle whatsoever. I also have tried researching on this topic and found majority of those having an AMD system had this audio interface not working properly. I contacted the MOTU support upon which I found an error report through MOTU software, that generated every time there was an audio dropout issue, that USB controller host has dropped audio. Upon more research I recently found AMD has USB dropout issue.

Disabling C State control and switching PCIex16 from auto to GEN3 didn't solve the problem. I also have the latest bios from MSI installed on the system. I've also tried changing the power plan options, unchecking "allow the computer to turn off this device" in USB ROOT in device manager and everything the MOTU and other resources directed.

Any Help?

1 Reply
dhl
Journeyman III

Hi, I think we have the same problems.  I bought the M2 a week ago, and have been struggling to get it working properly since. Like you, I have an AMD CPU and an Nvidia GPU.

Have you managed to fix them?
If yes, it would be very kind of you to share how you did it.

0 Likes