cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hangfire
Journeyman III

RX7600 - Render Initialization Error

I recently replaced my RX5600xt with a RX7600.

I can game straight away from after turning my PC on however if I then stop my game and choose to open another game, I get the following message. 

"Render Initialization Error"

"Setting up the renderer failed. You might be trying to run the game on unsupported hardware or may need to reinstall drivers."

I initially thought it may have been an issue with the GPU so returned it to the retailer who sent me a replacement. The new RX7600 still produces the same message.

It is as if the renderer stops when the game or app stops. Occurred also when using Heaven to benchmark. OCCT shows no issues when the renderer is working, OCCT unable to run when renderer has failed.

Whilst I was waiting for the replacement RX7600 I put the 5600xt back in and did not get any issues or any repeat of the problem. 

I can get the games to run on the RX7600 if I restart the PC or go to the device manager disable and then re-enable the device. But the fact that I usually have to do this every time I want to reopen another game/app is a bit laborious and not what I would expect with a new GPU.

Once running there are no issues, no graphic glitches, no laggy performance etc just the renderer apparently failing.  Otherwise I can game for hours with no issues.

DDU used during install

Fresh W11 install done

Error MessageError Message

My Build

RX7600 Sapphire Pulse - Driver. 23.7.2

ASUS TUF B550 Plus - BIOS 3202

AMD 5800x

32GB Memory

Corsair RM750w PSU

0 Likes
0 Replies