Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nightvisit
Adept I

RX570 Crash to Desktop problem for years

Hello Guys

I have bought the graphics card (Sapphire Pulse ITX ) more than a year ago as an update to GTX 750Ti. With GTX 750Ti, everything was fine except the performance. TF2 is kind of the game I only play, and the problem occurance varied throughout my usage of the card. Currently it happens in a couple of minutes but back in the past I could play some hours.

I play the game, and every game ends with a crash to desktop and game running in the background but you cant bring the game screen back. But I can hear the game is working, the sound is still there, when I click on the mouse, my character still fires his weapon I can hear all these details.
Desktop also doesnt work properly until you force the app to end. In the old days it said something about Wattman settings when it crashed but the software has been updated since than and only thing I get is "no signal" message from my screen for a couple of seconds and back with desktop view and what I described above.
I have changed the game graphics settings from ultra to low but it doesnt change anything. I have monitored the cpu and gpu usage and temperatures and it never went above 50 degC, and it didnt even use its full capacity.

From the beginning I have realized this was a driver issue and hoped the next update would fix it but I started to think it will never happen.

Is this a known issue? What can you suggest?

0 Likes
1 Solution
nightvisit
Adept I

Update: 11.05.2020

warsun

I have sent a claim to graphics card distributor, upon technical reviews they discovered the card was faulty. Now they are offering my money back. The thing is... the currency devaluation was huge since last year they will not give me a new card. They expect me to pay twice the money I paid last year.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
warsun
Challenger

Yeah. i have been complaining about it for years. No matter how many times i sent in feedback they never addressed the issues. But. There are good older drivers.

Set your driver to default

Uninstall your driver an install this one.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

Hello

Thanks for your input.

I also tried CS GO, and the result was a complete shut down, this was a game I used to play with no problem.

Recently I completely disassembled my motherboard and equipment and did some more cleaning on top of the cleaning I do for my heat sinks on the cpu and gpu. It is not dust or dirt related I am sure now.

Problem continues with TF2 and possibly all other games as I only play TF2 nowadays. Shift + Ctrl + Windows + B is not working. I hear the beep sound but nothing different happens.

I thought maybe it was related to some leftover files/settings from my previous Nvidia gpu, I formatted my PC and installed latest drivers. Launched CS GO and was able to play 2 rounds of deathmatch without a problem. Then I launched TF2 again but got the same problem shortly. The problem is still with me despite all my attempts to eliminate possible causes on my side.Now I launched TF2 again and my PC shuts down. I downloaded Unigine Heaven for benchmarking/stress testing and my PC shut down again after a minute or so. My PC was fairly quiet, fans were at moderate speed, I dont think it was a temperature issue.

I will try the driver you mentioned now and see the results again. Some more info on my system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Sapphire Pulse ITX RX 570
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1903
  • Driver version installed
    •  Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.4.1 (Also had no luck with versions with 19...)
  • Display Devices
    • Dell DP cable
    • 1920x1080 60hz
    • Dell 24" P2419H
  • Motherboard
    • Gigabyte M68MT-S2
  • CPU
    • Phenom II X4 965 BE - stock settings
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair VS450 - 450 Watt
    • Corsair Vengenace 2x4GB 1600Mhz
0 Likes

Just to be clear. When you say shut down. You mean the screen goes black an you still have your system running but you cant turn back on your screen or do anything. You are basically locked out with the power still going. because if that is the case Yes. That is a complete shut down. An it is a known issue with 2020 Driver and some 1900 drivers.

0 Likes

Hello,

I have had that kind of shutdown as well where I couldnt even see desktop.

I rather meant power shut down, PC completely stops working.

I have been using the driver you recommended, so far it is good. I am in my 5th game no problems with TF2 yet

I get to the points where the game stutters (sound and graphics wise which has always happened with source games) but it instantly recovers, it is a sudden fear of crashing I feel but I am relieved once everything keeps running as it should.

Thank you, I will let you know if I face any problems.

0 Likes

I have never experienced that before with this graphics card on any games other than modded ones. Are you sure you are not using mods or outside programs that can interfere with your gameplay like a Overlay? Also. Are you running a different program in another window.

Because i myself am having issue with Firefox. It could be related to that. Or just a possibility. It could be Windows itself. Mind you. I do not have the updates others have.

0 Likes

Hello

No mods, just stock TF2. No other softwares running except Steam.

Looks like I can finally play my games again, yay!

0 Likes

Please let the community know if there are problems. Thank you.

0 Likes

Hello again, at below post I described the new problem I am facing. For some reason after a couple of days of my experience with 17.9.1, I started to get more and more system shut down. I decided to check if Windows Update somehow updated my drivers to version 20 or something. It didnt but it updated display drivers to 26.20.12028.2 which was originally different in 17.9.1. I suspected this is what caused the frequent shut downs. I uninstalled the software 17.9.1 since it wasnt working anymore for me and tried to install 18.5.1 to see if there is any difference. I got an error that drivers installation failed and were partly installed due to some problems in the registry etc... I uninstalled 18.5.1 and went back to 17.9.1 just to get the same error. Gaming was still shutting down my PC in like 5 mins. I removed these old versions and went back to 20.2.2 and finally it was succesfully installed. Problems are still there so I want to go back to 17.9.1 but this time I cant uninstall the drivers, nothing happens when I click on remove this program.

This is so saddening and frustrating that I got a product that is not working properly and also during my search for a fix I realized people also faced the same problems on RX 580 and RX 5700XT very commonly.

0 Likes
nightvisit
Adept I

Hi I am back with some feedback after a week.

My problems with games being on hang disappeared. I played TF2, CS GO and Oxygen Not Included in this period. I could finally enjoy my games for long periods.

During this period;

My PC shut down randomly, as if power was lost. This happened while I was browsing, watching youtube, listening to songs on spotify, or playing games... You dont know when it is going to shut down except when trying to stream to discord.I have been using discord only recently, pretty sure it is not limited to that as this was my experience in the past as well. My PC would shut down when I both played a game and tried to stream it to a friend on discord, I tried that twice and both attempts failed. It happens fairly quickly.

I hope this is helpful.

Is there a way to see what caused my PC to shut down? Or will it help me at all?

0 Likes
nightvisit
Adept I

So I was able to go back to 17.9.1 from 20.4.1 again.

Result was still instant shut down with Dayz and CS GO.

I uninstalled Windows updates that were installed within these two weeks.

I was able to play a game in CS GO now, but game crashed in 5-10mins.

Oxygen Not Included used to crash in 5 mins, after uninstalling the updates I could play around an hour but in the end my PC shuts down again.

Event Viewer says shut down is a Kernel-Power issue. Something is wrong with Windows + AMD combined.

I give up.

0 Likes
nightvisit
Adept I

warsun

I have sent a claim to graphics card distributor, upon technical reviews they discovered the card was faulty. Now they are offering my money back. The thing is... the currency devaluation was huge since last year they will not give me a new card. They expect me to pay twice the money I paid last year.

0 Likes

nightvisit wrote:

warsun

They should provide a replacement card. The devaluation of a currency should not be considered.

I will insist on a replacement. I cant even get the RX550 with the refund currently.

0 Likes

nightvisit wrote:

I will insist on a replacement. I cant even get the RX550 with the refund currently.

where are you located?

0 Likes

I am in Turkey. I just sent a ticket to Sapphire, hopefully I can get a working RX570 again. If that doesnt work I will need to send a complaint to Ministry of Trade.

0 Likes

I think Sapphire is located in Hong Kong

0 Likes