cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

exalaskevas
Journeyman III

Rx550 runs slow a day after driver update

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics (Vega 11), a Radeon Rx550 4GB, 16GB of ram and a PSU that can take 310watts of power (its made by the company that made my pc which is HP). about a month ago I installed the Rx550 and I was on windows 11and it was sometimes running as expected and sometimes not so I decided to go back to windows 10. Now when I install new drivers my GPU works for about a day or 2 and then it slows down significantly (from 40-50fps average on just cause 3 to 10-20). If I reinstall the drivers it works fine for another day or 2 and then back to slowing down. I have tried DDU to reinstall the drivers, I found an AMD display driver downloading every time from windows update and making windows not find the drivers so I blocked it, I have checked if my PSU can take it which it should and I cant find anybody with same problem as me.

I use Adrenalin 22.5.1 for my drivers 

0 Likes
1 Reply
exalaskevas
Journeyman III

ok so I found out that I don't need to reinstall my drivers to fix this, if I shut down my pc for a bit and boot it up again it works fine

0 Likes