Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

konmin
Adept I

RX 6900 XT Red Dots in Chrome & Sportify and reflections in some games

Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: RX 6900 XT (XFX custom)
CPU: Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard: Z790 GAMING X AX (rev. 1.0)
BIOS Version: F2
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 Kit (2x16GB) 5600MHz, CL36
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 80+Gold
Case: NZXT H7 Flow
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO
GPU Drivers: Adreanaling Edition Version - WHQL Driver Version: 22.11.2
Chipset Drivers: Intel Z790 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 30.100.2221.20

Description of Original Problem: I've built my new desktop PC with the mentioned specs above. The first time I faced an issue with my Graphic card was when I started playing Assetto Corsa Competizione in a night race (no issues in light conditions). I got some green reflections all over the screen. After a while I have seen other Issues as mention below.

1. Green reflection in ACC at night all over the screen in 4k its fine in FHD

acc.jpg

2. Black Dots in Calisto Protocol
callisto.jpg

This could be solved after I switched in Callisto from DirectX 12 to 11 (but that not how it should work with a modern graphic card)

3. Red dots in chromium engine (e.g. Spotify, Chrome Browser) but also in Games like RaceRoom 
Screenshot_20230102_221317.png

I get the red dots in Assetto corsa competizione as well when I turn on FSR. 

Troubleshooting: 

1. reinstalled the driver and reset all the settings and uninstalled the drivers with DDU
  2. fresh installation of windows 11
  3. three different driver versions 
  4. different settings in the games
  5. different cables from the cable unit. the card is connected via two separate PCI cables
  6. send the card back to my dealer with the statement its a driver issue

I also tried it out with two 6950XT cards and everything worked just fine. So I start to believe its a hardware issue but you might have some tips what else i could try.

0 Likes
5 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

can be overclocking problem

did you reset bios defaults after installing the board ?

if not overclocked, good airflow, checked with other 6950 , it's 95% sign of a defecttive gpu/vram, RMA

0 Likes

Never overclocked something. And Yes loaded the default bios settings several times. Use an case with a mashed front. And a fan in the front and a fan in the back. Temperature shouldn't be an issues. 

schldskjoirz
Adept III

Sounds like a hw issue but you could try with drivers only, without Adrenalin to exclude the possible software problems. Did you test what happens when you move the cable socket? You could open a program that shows the artifacts and then move the socket up and down and sideways. Just to exclude possible poor contact or other cable or port problem. Also you could try with two RAM modules and set them to 3200Mhz. RAM is one potential source of artifacts.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• Minisforum um790 Pro • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes
konmin
Adept I

Meanwhile I've solved the issue at ACC by reducing the resolution to 70%(in game graphic settings) but keeping it at 4k. At 71% I get the reflections again. Is it another sign for VRAM issues? 

0 Likes

i think it is, you stated it's related to something overheating by the gpu apparently and not expected ..  i would rma, just show the artefacts to your seller

0 Likes