cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thelazylightning
Journeyman III

RX 6500 XT video card - Black screen/ then no signal after installing any Windows 10 drivers

RX 6500 XT Black screen/ then no signal after installing any Windows 10 drivers. I tried non whql drivers, legacy. All of them produce the same problem when installing the video driver for this card. Windows 7 drivers works fine for this card. Do I have to try to sell it now that I upgraded to Windows 10? Each time I try to install a video driver, it is neccesary to format and re-install Windows a dozen times already.  

Motherboard 990FX Extreme9

CPU FX 9370

64 GB of DDR3 Crucial Memory

Video card RX 6500 XT

Thermaltake 1000 watt Power Supply

I have read that a number of people have had the same problem with this card and the below par drivers issued for it. Reports about having to use a non-WHQL driver did not work for me so far.

It's such a pity after many years of cheering on AMD that this kind of disrespect to the clients can be observed and experienced first hand! 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

0 Likes
4 Replies
thelazylightning
Journeyman III

Oh no! I can't believe this happened!!! I have been worst than scammed. How could this have happened. This is a non working card!!!  Just look at all the complaints!!! https://www.google.com/search?q=RX+6500+XT+worst+video+card+of+all+times&sca_esv=593125510&sxsrf=AM9... 

0 Likes
thelazylightning
Journeyman III

Can AMD consider offering some kind of compensation? Maybe a different card for cheap?!?

0 Likes
thelazylightning
Journeyman III

Amazingly it seems to work fine on Windows 7! 

0 Likes
thelazylightning
Journeyman III

Great theme for a new videoblog channel called, "The worst video card of all time!"

0 Likes