cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Zophynoy
Adept I

RX 6500 XT My GPU should support OpenGL?

Hi. I am have been using the rx 6500 xt XFX, I have been using it for a little over a year and i cannot use some programs like blender and other 3D animation programs, it gives me an error massage about my pc not supporting opengl 3.2 or above, my drivers are up to date as well, is there a way to fix this issue?

6 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

It does support OpenGL up to 4.6 right now, it also supports OpenCL, Vulkan and DirectX. Did you update your drivers?

0 Likes

yes i my drivers have been up to date. how ever do you reckon that having windows 10 home is the reason that this is happening with the errors its giving me when i want to run 3D softwares?

0 Likes

Hi there,

I doubt that Windows 10 is a problem because I do run Blender just fine. Did you try to reinstall Blender?

0 Likes

I tried that. It's not working, it's just giving me this issue, it's like I don't have a GPU, but games do play from steam and epic. So I wanted to try reinstalling and activating windows.

0 Likes

Have you tried to assign the gpu in windows to it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dude you absolutely CAN use blender! 

but open GL is DOS era discontinued stuff.. MANTLE then VULKAN replaced it! completely it was so next level that open GL next never.. ever .. happened.. they just didnt update that **bleep** since like not too long after voodoo3dfx and somewhere in between that and a 6000 series old original AMD cards before 290's and before 6950s like seems 20 years ago? 

but you could always just change renderer for the display or you know INSTALL BLENDER! you are thinking of OPEN COMMAND LINE.. which is designed for REAL COMPUTERS. say you have linux and you run a cluster of different hardware builds and specs computers and different scisi racks whatever .. so the software and apps for different devices to be a single super computer and work on the same task.. needs all devices to run the same thread sort of.. or threads.. its basically that folding at home distributed computing stuff. its called OPENCL its a playstation 3 thingy.. you could link a REAL computer from AMD together and it goes faster more cores means more performance 200% or higher. thats how maths for maths devices *(computer its the definition of a computer) works.. but you could always just download and install or COMPILE the latest openGL libraries.. or install linux as a subsystem for windows in admin powershell/command prompt type wsl --install then go the windows app store and find a linux distro you like and throw it in.. and you have a linux terminal thingy in windows now then you can compile or whatever with the right aptgets or whatever try chocolatey package manager maybe. But yeah open GL is obsolete. just BLENDER RENDER or houdini or maya or 3dstudio max or rhinosceros or mikumiku dance or unity in VULKAN! or i hear the recent vulkan is called CALYPSO ? i dunno.

0 Likes