Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Leocmts
Journeyman III

RX 6500 XT - Black screen after installing Adrenalin 22.2.1

Hey there!

I'm having problems to install Adrenalin 22.2.1. When I do it, my screen turns all black... and it only works using windows security mode. I've tried uninstall and install Adrenalin 22.2.1, it doesn't work too. 

When I tried to open AMD software the picture below appears.

Leocmts_2-1644536743421.png

Here's my setup:

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT - Sapphire Pulse

CPU: Intel I5 12400F

MB: Asus H610-M-E D4

RAM: XPG Gammix 8gb 3200MHz

SSD: XPG Gammix S41 256 Gb

Power supply: 500W

Please, can someone help me??

5 Replies
Frostby
Journeyman III

A friend of mine bought an RX 6500 XT too for his new PC, and we encountered the same problem. We fixed it uninstalling the driver totally, deleting all amd gpu folders in C: and C:\Program Files. Then we disabled the signed driver enforcement (take note that the only 2 drivers right now compatible are non-whql) and then we tried to install it again. It worked this time and no more black screens after gpu driver installation. If you don't know how to disable the signed driver enforcement follow this instructions:

1. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.

2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.

3. When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.

4. Your computer will now restart and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers.

I had to uninstall the automatic drivers and find the 6000 series driver manually, which is not wohl microsoft approved apparently, to get my 6500XT to work correctly.  Hope AMD gets it together for us soon.

0 Likes

Could you explain what driver you installed exactly?

I installed all drivers from from official driver loading web page (WHQL and NON WHQL). No one working.

But I didn't disable signature check, because I have not any error during installation. Is it necessarily even I had not errors?

0 Likes
Lifdrasill
Adept I

Same situation for me, except it also black screens when i open the adrenalin software. The answers above didnt solve the issue unfortunately.

0 Likes
ivan26
Journeyman III

is it solved ?  if, this problem done give me trick to solved this.

i have same problem too, i bought new rx6500 xt , it only work when my pc use microsoft default driver or safe mode. when i tried to install the driver. this problem happen, the gpu switch off ( fans are stopped) but the pc still on. 

0 Likes