cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

keysersozegr
Adept I

RX 580 Driver Support in 2023!

Hello people! I'm a proud owner of an Asus Rog Strix RX 580 Gaming OC graphics card. I also have an old Rig from 2013, which, to be honest, didn't dissapoint me so far. Even in

2023. My CPU is an old I7 3770K Ivy Bridge running overclocked in 3,9 Ghz from 3,5 Ghz. It's instructions are : MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, Intel 64, NX, VMX, AES,

AVX. My motherboard is an Asus Maximus V Formula ( LGA1155 ). I have also 16 GB ( DDR 3 ) of Ram. This Motherboard supports only the PCIe x16 3.0 bus interface and not of

course the new PCIe 4.0 for any graphics card. My rig is so capable that can run smoothly and without problems, Battlefront II with maximun graphics in Direct X 12. I am referring

to this game because it has so amazing graphics that makes you believe that you are playing in a movie! So, the reason i am making this post is that i have observed that both my

manufacturer ( ASUS ) and AMD are kinda "deleting" my graphics card from support. ASUS has completely removed my model ( Asus Rog Strix RX 580 Gaming OC graphics card )

and only support this ----> https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/dual/dual-rx580-o8g/helpdesk_download?mo... , while

AMD has decided to make 2 variations of drivers, one for the Polaris/Vegas Chips and one for the newest chips that support the RDNA cards. Now, because i consider myself as a

very conscious person as far as the availability of new graphics drivers concern, i observed that since the introduction of the Anti LAg + graphics driver that ruined many people in

Counter Strike 2, suddenly a different graphics driver appeared for my RX 580. The driver for my graphics card didn't have any support for any new games ( i don't mean fixes for

current games ) and no boost or perfomance optimizations. What happened after the Anti Lag + fiasco? Suddenly, the RX 580 wasn't enough? Are you disrespecting one the

most famous models that you have ever made? I just want to know if AMD gonna support new games in their "different" driver for Polaris and Vegas chips. If it won't then why

bother publishing "new" drivers for them? I currently researching for the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super which is better than RX 580 and most importantly, Nvidia SUPPORTS it still

in their newer drivers. And by supporting i mean game boosting and performance optimization. I just want to know if i should go to team green with an  Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060

Super or stay red with a legacy driver. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/amd-radeon-graphics-drivers/ .

0 Replies