cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kosh50
Journeyman III

RX 580 driver problem Power Spikes since 22.10 Help please!!

Im having this issue since 22.10.3 on a GIGABYTE Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX580 8G -- GPU spikes every min

spikes to 1300mhz at 1.50v every min .  WTH guys been like this forever I wish I had money for new GPU but drivers shouldn't break my stuff

That driver above is stable for me but haven't found any one since that doesn't cause spikes and keeps temps high for no reason. I used DDU every time I install new drivers. This issues happens at default or custom tune. Really not happy its been like this since 10/22/2021 on 22.10.3. BTW I had a gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 atx am3+ motherboard with fx 8350 and different PSU as well and same issues. Upgraded to the 5600x in Dec 2022. Its not the motherboard or windows fresh install a few times unfortunately. I use Radeon setting for tuning.

win10

r5 5600x
570x taichi
16ram
750 watt PSU

OH also thx AMD for nuking my wins boot log you lame programmers back when you fed the driver up not to long ago what back in dec I think that was Geez.  That really made me hate you so much you didn't even fix it yet.  Had to install windows on aseperate drive cause you messed up the whole boot partion with your clean install drivers. I cant say anymore casue Ill just curse and hate you more.  Help me out here at least! come on get it going

anyone got a 6800xt for sale? Haha 

gpu spikes Screenshot 2023-09-01 165652.png

gpu spike 2 Screenshot 2023-09-01 170709.png

Please see other threads

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/rx-580-driver-problem-temperature-jumps-by-4-degrees.3817786...

3 Replies
ripcord
Adept III

Have you tried a rollback to the most stable and reliable adrenaline driver for the RX 580 - version 21.1.1

Let me know if that helps you or not.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.
0 Likes
slaithe
Adept I

Hi, I've been having the same issue with my Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 for a very long time, now.

But today, finally, I figured it out!  Or at least further isolated where the issue may arise.  It's something with the Full Installation.  Reinstall, but choose Minimal instead.  Problem gone, but so are the advanced features of the full software.

If that doesn't immediately work, might wish to to a clean uninstall before installing latest Minimal.

slaithe
Adept I

I wish to add this was terribly impacting my gameplay, too.  GPU clock was going down for no reason and cause a pause in framerate.  Very annoying, at least, and costing plays in competitive games, at most.  General system was also stuttering, as a result.  While just watching videos there would be a temporary pause in frames while the audio would remain smooth.

ATM, I'm not interested in diving into figuring out if there's a particular setting in the Adrenaline software that may be causing this.  It occurs with default settings.  I haven't experimented to figure out if it is a specific one.  Could be nothing a user can do to change and something more inherent in the Adrenaline software.

0 Likes