cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TheArmoredTitan
Journeyman III

Re install software every time I update drivers?

So, Ive been having this problem for over a year where I go to update my drivers in device manager and have to uninstall then reinstall the AMD software. I get the "The version of AMD Software that you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver" error. The funny part is, the software doesnt have new updates, so how is it not compatible? I have to go to the website to reinstall the same exact software file. If I try to reinstall it from my documents file, it gives an audio latency in my recordings so I have no choice but to constantly start fresh. Its so annoying to update my drivers, restart, uninstall AMD, restart, reinstall, and restart again, then have another drivers update the next day... And for some reason when I dont feel reinstalling right away, my pc will shut itself off, and my monitor will go blank at random times and wont come back on until I restart my pc (I have dual monitors) with occasional gray bars. Theres nothing wrong with my wiring, hardware, heating, or power supply because it doesnt do this when AMD software is installed. 

I have Radeon 5700XT

0 Likes
2 Replies

Updating drivers through device manager installs MS driver store version which are not compatible with the 'direct from amd' software version. MS store has a software version for those drivers.

Also sounds like you need to block windows driver updates to stop MS overriding the 'direct from amd' drivers. Many guides on the web for that.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thank you for the info!

0 Likes