cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pokester
MVP

Re: Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s).

I was not bashing anyone. I just know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It has been brought up here before, even by the moderators themselves that the more support tickets they get on an issue the higher the priority for the engineers to get if fixed. It is not uncommon for a thread here to have many people having a problem but only one or two of them submitting a ticket. You should also resubmit those tickets each time a driver comes out and does not fix the issue. Unless it is noted as a known issue.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Re: Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s).

To my knowledge what you said is correct and is what the forum guidelines say too.

Taken from the guidelines first entry:

1. AMD SUPPORT FORUM. This is a forum for end users to get together and provide peer to peer support.

rick_r
Adept II

Hi, unfortunately the solution did not work for me. Thanks also. I complained again to the technical support of AMD (there are now 10 complaints that I open) and I got a different answer to format my PC. They told me that the problem is being investigated and they are working to solve this problem. If the problem persists in the future, I will continue to open complaints to customercare@amdsupport.tech. I ask people who have this problem to do it too, reporting it to AMD Support, opening a Ticket to AMD tech Support.

terry2uk
Adept II

Gonna stay wth 18.2.1 till someone posts thats it been fixed - thnks 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 at 0:54, pedro-nf<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

#yiv3952376436 * #yiv3952376436 a #yiv3952376436 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv3952376436 #yiv3952376436 h1, #yiv3952376436 h2, #yiv3952376436 h3, #yiv3952376436 h4, #yiv3952376436 h5, #yiv3952376436 h6, #yiv3952376436 p, #yiv3952376436 hr {}#yiv3952376436 .yiv3952376436button td {}

|

Community

|

Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s).

pedro-nf marked rick.r's reply on Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s). as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

Hi, unfortunately the solution did not work for me. Thanks also. I complained again to the technical support of AMD (there are now 10 complaints that I open) and I got a different answer to format my PC. They told me that the problem is being investigated and they are working to solve this problem. If the problem persists in the future, I will continue to open complaints to customercare@amdsupport.tech. I ask people who have this problem to do it too, reporting it to AMD Support, opening a Ticket to AMD tech Support.

Following Radeon settings version and Driver version do not match. Please try again after updating to latest version(s). in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes
ar77
Adept II

So mine has finally worked,as someone suggested it was a registry error.
All you have to do is go to regedit.exe , then go to this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN] and you will find DriverVersion.

Now all you have to do is remove whatever the value data is inside and make it blank.Then open task manager and close all AMD related service and then turn on RadeonSettings.It will work like a charm

pokester
MVP

It is good that you know exactly what registry setting is the issue you should send all this to AMD and how to fix it in a bug report. They may then be able to address how the installer overwrites that registry entry. You guys likely did the real work for them. Now to see if they can get it in a fix. It is also possible that this was a Windows issue with registry permissions the whole time to and not even really anything AMD could fix. However is sure can't hurt for you to send them everything you know about the issue and how to fix it. Thanks!

0 Likes
rick_r
Adept II

yes it worked !!! Thank you very much, the first time I did it wrong, I put the symbol "=" in the registry key and it did not work, but leaving it blank works perfectly.

The technical service of AMD wanted you to format the entire PC, only for a registry key that had a bad value, really incredible.

pedro-nf
Adept III

ar77 wrote:

So mine has finally worked,as someone suggested it was a registry error.
All you have to do is go to regedit.exe , then go to this key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN] and you will find DriverVersion.

Now all you have to do is remove whatever the value data is inside and make it blank.Then open task manager and close all AMD related service and then turn on RadeonSettings.It will work like a charm

Well done, guys! So it had absolutely nothing even remotely related to Windows updates or downgrading to Cancer 10??? Who would have imagined?!?!?

spock1104
Adept I

Thanks ar77, confirmed working here with 18.5.2 though I did it slightly differently.  I checked for that key in 17.12.2 and it doesn't exist, so I simply deleted it after installing 18.5.2.

proclivitas
Adept II

Confirmed working 100%.

Ridiculous.

Such a simple thing that could've been debugged months ago now when first reported.

Solution (for those who have never used regedit before):

First, If you have "RadeonSettings.exe" process in Task Manager, kill it ("end task").  I had to do that because once it displays the message, it silently stays running in the background.  To launch task manager, right click on the task bar and "start task manager."  Scroll to see if you can find radeonsettings.exe  If you can, highlight it and "end process."

Go to start\run (or start\"search" if you don't have run showing)
type "regedit" without the quotes
If you've never used regedit before, you'll probably see "Computer" and then a tree of stuff underneath.
Navitage the tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN
Once there, on the right side, find the string which says "DriverVersion"
Double-click on the name.  A window to edit the value should pop up.
Erase the value (should be 26.some numbers I don't remember).  Click "OK."
There's no need to "Save" - changes in regedit are instant.  Just quit the program.

Try launching settings again - should work perfectly now.

Laugh at AMD engineers and lack of expertise for such a simple issue.

As I suspected, it turns out you don't need to use driver cleaner, you don't even need to install drivers using the "clean" option, and most certainly you do NOT need to "format your system" or "upgrade to Windows 10" - absolutely ridiculous and mostly worthless advice for advanced users.

Thanks.  I'll repost in this thread if this resurfaces in the future.

P.S.  To do this, I'm pretty sure you need an admin account, elevated permissions for regedit, etc.  If you don't, ask the person who does to fix this :-) .