cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Lisax4156
Adept I

Radeon RX7900 Error Message Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware..

Hi All, 

I have a Radeon RX7900. I am getting an Error 182. I played my PC just fine yesterday with no issues. Now its just crashing because of this error.

How do I get rid of this message? I tried uninstalling AMD software that I do have and it won't uninstall that.. From what little I understand, this is caused by Windows updating the graphics drivers. 

Please help! 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please double check that you are using the correct (23.1.2) driver for your RX 7900 graphics card. You can download that driver here. I'd also suggest performing a Factory reset prior to installing the driver, instructions here

View solution in original post

11 Replies
999Przemek
Adept I

Check if BIOS is set to be dynamic, not dedicated/discreet. Otherwise try to back the driver in device manager

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please refer to KB article: Error 182 | Unsupported AMD Graphics Hardware | AMD for help troubleshooting this issue. 

Thanks. 

That article wasn't much help. I eventually submitted a ticket to AMD.

Also, my graphics card is an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT..not 7900..my bad. Not sure where the 7900 came from. 

I did disable the automatic download.

I will try to find the correct drivers for my graphics card and download them.  All I've been finding is just the Adrenaline software.

Also, I was able to uninstall the Adrenaline software i did have. 

Thank you for your help. I appreciated it!

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

In case Win11 updated a wrong driver, download DDU, download correct driver from amd.com 

Then disable automatic driver updates under Windows updates.

Then safe boot (google if youndon't know how, its not difficult)

Run DDU to get rid of GPU drivers thoroughly.

Boot machine, install downloaded driver 

"I did disable the automatic download."

Notice you have to do it from Windows update, not from Radeon software

"I will try to find the correct drivers for my graphics card and download them."

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-... 

I is a whole package with driver and Adrenalin software. Let it install everything at once.

But before you start installing new driver/Adrenalin, run DDU in safe mode to remove old, corrupted installation properly:

DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

How to boot in safe mode: 

- In Windows 10, go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery. In the Advanced Startup section, click the button for Restart now.

-In Windows 11, go to Settings > System > Recovery. In the Advanced Startup section, click the button for Restart now.

AND: just in case, especially if you have Win11, disable automatic driver update from Windows update before you DDU/reinstall drivers. Also consider installing chipset driver again, just to be sure you have the latest. As you mention nothing about your computer, I can't tell where the driver is, but if it is an AMD system chipset driver in in amd.com and if it is Intel system, you have to download it from motherboard manufacturers site these days as Intel no longer offers chipset driver downloads.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please double check that you are using the correct (23.1.2) driver for your RX 7900 graphics card. You can download that driver here. I'd also suggest performing a Factory reset prior to installing the driver, instructions here

bela2
Journeyman III

Check assuming Profiles is set to be dynamic, not committed/attentive. In any case attempt to move the driver in gadget chief

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

Could you share your CPU model? And if you know, morherboard and chipset. 

I assume no bios/firmware updates were performed, but if so please let us know. Even when unsure.  

Also Windows update can replace the AMD driver. This could give some issues when you try to install adrenaline drivers. 

First: download drivers here, and restart your computer. (!restart, not shutdown/sleep!)

Second: Have you tried the clean install (or factory-reset) option when trying to setup AMD drivers? If not, try that, but uninstall your rx5700 with device-manger from Windows. Reboot after uninstall then run AMD installer (downloaded from the link) again. 

Be sure to have a backup of important data!

[Edit]Lol, thanks @Matt_AMD, didnt realise that the option was changed to Factory-reset[/edit]

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it. 

I used the factory reset when I downloaded it and it deleted them and successfully installed the software. yay!

I'm good to go again!

Thank you! 

Thanks for the feedback, and happy to hear its solved for you!

Have fun!!

0 Likes