Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MemeMaster9000
Journeyman III

Radeon RX480 4GB Odd Driver/Hardware Issue

Hello AMD Forums!

I've been having this issue for a while now, and have had no success in troubleshooting, so I've come here. Ever since I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 a while ago, my graphics card has been crashing and rendering the whole computer inoperable when close to, or at, 100% utilization, with the only way to get it back to normal being a hard reboot. Sometimes, the video feed cuts out and an error message from Adrenalin states that a "timeout" had occured. I thought that the most major case (crashing and rendering the whole computer inoperable until a hard reboot) would only happen when utilization was high, but today, the crash happened completely unprompted. Help would be very appreciated.

System Specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7 860

GPU - Radeon RX 480 4GB

Graphics Driver - 23.19.05.21-231017a-397033C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

Windows Graphics Driver - 31.0.21905.1001

Mobo - AsusTeK P7P55D-E PRO Rev 1.xx

RAM - Corsair, Dual-Channel, 16GB total RAM, 4GB per slot

Power Supply - Corsair CX850M

0 Likes
2 Replies
comoema
Journeyman III

Hello, have you find a solution for this issue?

I posted also something similar, have same card and I get instant reboot if I run benchmarks at slightly higher resolution, GPU goes up to 95 celsius.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Hi!

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a fix for this issue. It happened to me yesterday while attempting to run a Unity game with heavy shaders at Ultra graphics settings. 

Thanks for your inquiry.

0 Likes