cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

heeken14
Adept I

Radeon RX 580 series not recognized by Premiere Pro

Hello, for some time it seems to me that my graphics card is not working 100%, I sometimes get error messages "OpenCL.dll not found", I have reinstalled my drivers several times but nothing works.

I found tutorials allowing you to "activate" the graphics card for Premiere Pro, but in Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Khronos -> OpenCL -> Vendors, I cannot find an OpenCL file (see screenshot.

I'm almost sure that my problem comes from this OpenCL file, but I don't know how to fix it

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

can you run and post a screenshot of GPU-Z of your RX580 to verify that OpenCL is not enabled on your GPU card?

You are about the third User that opened a thread concerning about OpenCL not being enabled by AMD Driver.

This is previous thread of something similar but with a 7600xt GPU card. The User found a fix that you might want to try: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/no-opencl-on-rx-7700-xt/m-p/655397#M186119

Here is the above User's GPU-Z verifying that OpenCL is not enabled on his GPU card:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 200445.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

can you run and post a screenshot of GPU-Z of your RX580 to verify that OpenCL is not enabled on your GPU card?

You are about the third User that opened a thread concerning about OpenCL not being enabled by AMD Driver.

This is previous thread of something similar but with a 7600xt GPU card. The User found a fix that you might want to try: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/no-opencl-on-rx-7700-xt/m-p/655397#M186119

Here is the above User's GPU-Z verifying that OpenCL is not enabled on his GPU card:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 200445.png

Here is a screenshot of GPU-Z, indeed Open CL is not enabled.

Ok, I'll check this previous thread, hope it works, thankCapture3.PNGs!

0 Likes

it worked ty!

Looks like on some User's computer OpenCL is not registered when the AMD driver package is run thus never enabled on the GPU card.

All credit goes to User @Mixxy who found this solution at Github.

0 Likes