I've tried every possible thing I can think of including these:

1. running anti virus software in safe mode

2. uninstalling/reinstalling windows system files

3. downloading latest AMD Radeon driver

3. completely wiping and uninstalling/reinstalling windows 10

4. rolling back to previous driver versions

5. moving the GPU to a different slot

6. swapping cables between my two monitors

None of this helped...eventually, every time, the screen wigs out does what you see in the video and leaves the 2nd screen black and windows doesn't see it

the biggest downer of all..this card is JUST outside of the warranty now...I'm almost positive the card is defective and I'm out the $275 I paid for it. Not a happy camper. The behavior of the one monitor that works for several minutes before wigging out is shown in the attached video clip..the 2nd monitor that I have, like I said just stays black after the windows startup logo...very frustrating..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Happy to report the issue APPEARS to be fixed! I replaced my top monitor's HDMI cable and realized when I moved the card to another slot that I neglected to plug in the two seperate power cables apart from the 4 that are grouped. Back in business!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
mr_buggles
Adept I

Here’s what it does…

0 Likes

Another troubleshooting tidbit...so while my second monitor is black..and after the random amount of time I wait and then the wiggout happens on the monitor that does display, and I try turning it off, while leaving the black one one, I get this error message...almost certainly seems to be a hardware failure, would you say? It has worked from day 1 at the recommended settings for the monitor 1 , 3440X 1440 at 100 mhz refresh rate.

radeon error message.PNG

0 Likes

Happy to report the issue APPEARS to be fixed! I replaced my top monitor's HDMI cable and realized when I moved the card to another slot that I neglected to plug in the two seperate power cables apart from the 4 that are grouped. Back in business!

0 Likes