cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CrossingSound
Journeyman III

Radeon relive instant replay Causing Stutter

I just have an upgrade with a 7900XT GPU and before the update, I use DDU to clean up before any new AMD relative drivers were installed.
But after I configured and starts playing I found out there will be stuttering (sudden frame drop like the game was paused for a few milliseconds) While instant replay was enabled, the stuttering also accompanied with Radeon Software overlay flashing (including the Performance overlay like the FPS floating if enabled). And this kind of stuttering will also affect game logic calculating which makes me pretty annoyed.
So now I have to turn off the instant replay to avoid these.

System specs below:
Windows 11 22H2
Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI mpg x570 gaming edge wifi
Cosair DOMINATOR® PLATINUM 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
SAPPHIRE PULSE AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT
Intel SSD 750 Series 400G (Bootdrive)
WD HDD Black 2TB (Recording folder)

8 Replies
Snygg-Risse
Adept I

I have the same problem, random stutter with relive on. Also problem with youtube upload bot working

0 Likes
blue500
Adept I

Dying Light 2 enters the game and freezes violently for 1 minute

0 Likes
Tuhosilppuri
Adept I

I am having same kind of issues, except instead of stutter, the system basically completely freezes (forcing a power cycle) with Instant Replay on.

0 Likes
CrossingSound
Journeyman III

Well after been annoyed by this problem for moth I somehow found out several solutions with Compromise 

1.If u have Driver crashes/bluescreen, Considering update to 23.3.2 and higher version driver and turn off Resizeable BAR in BIOS (not in Radeon settings) in, there will still be crashes on application but won’t just give u an OS level crash.

2. Turning off the AMD freesync will somehow greatly reduce the occurrence of stuttering but that means you will have image ripping in low framerate.

3.Put the recording cache on hard drive instead of RAM

0 Likes

Drivers 23.5.1 and the problems still exists. It is really annoying. I even returned to win 10 but its all the same. Hope amd finds a soultion soon

0 Likes
VinceD97
Journeyman III

I am literally having this exact same issue. As soon as I turn this on, my gameplay stutters badly and the graphics also somehow look worse. Pretty much forced to look at some 3rd party software to stream and/or record clips. My rig: 7900 xtx 5800x3d & 32gb of Kingston 3600 ram

Practically same specs, and as soon as I enable instant replay. Games stutter, didn't happen with my 6800XT

0 Likes
Snygg-Risse
Adept I

Now i have a 7900xtx, no stutter but the youtube connection is broken still. Ams dont care

0 Likes