Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nicolaskern
Adept I

Radeon Pro W7500 and Windows LTSB 2016

Hi,

I have freshly bought a Radeon Pro W7500 to use on a media server running Windows 10 LTSB. Unfortunately, I cannot find any compatible driver, so Windows doesn't recognize the graphic card.

Is there a specific version to install?

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Likes
1 Solution

@fsadough can answer this question probably next week. He is the AMD Moderator for Pro GPU cards.

Which version of Windows 10 LTSB are you running?

Screenshot 2024-03-15 190238.png

As you know LTSB don't get updated with regular Windows Updates so the version you have may not be compatible with the latest AMD Pro GPU cards. Just guessing though.

Are you able to install the latest Windows 10 Radeon Pro driver in your Windows version?

The first AMD Driver for your GPU card for Windows 10 came out in August 2023.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 190507.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Here is the AMD Driver download page for the Radeon PRO W7500.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/amd-radeon-pro/amd-radeon-pro-w7000-series/amd-...

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

This version does not accept LTSB 2016 unfortunately

0 Likes

@fsadough can answer this question probably next week. He is the AMD Moderator for Pro GPU cards.

Which version of Windows 10 LTSB are you running?

Screenshot 2024-03-15 190238.png

As you know LTSB don't get updated with regular Windows Updates so the version you have may not be compatible with the latest AMD Pro GPU cards. Just guessing though.

Are you able to install the latest Windows 10 Radeon Pro driver in your Windows version?

The first AMD Driver for your GPU card for Windows 10 came out in August 2023.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 190507.png

0 Likes

I was running 2016 version, but I installed 2021 version and now 23.Q4 works.

However, I can't boot Windows when no screen is attached to the graphic card. The motherboard has no video output.

I can't boot with emulated EDID either.

Is there a way to use it headless? That's another problem so it will need another ticket I guess.

0 Likes

@fsadough can help you with that next week. But he will need to have more information about your PC hardware and how it is connected.

0 Likes

Thank you!

I run a MSI X99A GAMING 7 motherboard with an i7-6800K, one Samsung 1TB SSD, and that's all, quite an easy setup!

Sorry I didn't grasp fully what you saying in your last reply.

The only way you can get Video output from your Motherboard is if you have a APU or Processor with Integrated Graphics.

You mentioned that you have an Intel i7-6800K which doesn't have Integrated Graphics so no video output from your motherboard video ports: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/94189/intel-core-i7-6800k-processor-15m-cache-u...

To get video output from your motherboard's video ports you need to upgrade your Intel Processor with one that has Integrated Graphics and then download and install the Intel Graphics driver.

EDIT: Went to your MSI SUPPORT Motherboard CPU LIST and googled a few of the Intel processors on the list and none has Integrated Graphics: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/X99A-GAMING-7/support#cpu

So your AMD GPU card is the only hardware you have to get video output from unless you install a Intel processor with Integrated Graphics.

0 Likes

Sorry, I might have not been very clear in what my problem is.

I would like Windows to boot without any screen plugged to my W7500. I can't boot with emulated EDID either.

This is a new topic. Please create a new thread.