cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JordanF
Journeyman III

Radeon Instant Replay clips on the wrong monitor

Hello, I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for a very long time now. I see fixes for this, but they only work back before adrenaline was released, and although I love adrenaline, I'm frustrated to see that there is still no option to pick what monitor I want to record. I have searched through the settings for hours, and haven't found anything. The screen that it captures changes randomly, for example one week it'll record the right monitor, one week it won't. I haven't found any pattern whatsoever, the order I turn on my monitors, what screen I have the software open on, nothing. This problem is really bothersome, and I hate it when I do something cool in game, only to clip it and see that I only recorded my friends on discord instead. If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know, and AMD software developers, if you see this, PLEASE ADD AN OPTION! Thank you for your time, and I appreciate it!

1 Solution
Elektroo
Journeyman III

Just found the actual way to fix this finally! You just have to go to "Record and Stream" and there you just have to change the display to the monitor that you want. Idk why amd didn't make this option more clear but now the instant replay and all the other recording options should now record the monitor that you want.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
kaotic
Adept I

for nearly 3 f'n years now i have been AMD support, forums and every which where i can find to request help for this.  not only does this software suck harder than a dyson vacuum, but the lack of even response or acknowledgement from AMD is downright insulting.  i am sick and tired of this crappy software and AMD's crappy attitude towards customer issues.  i am done being loyal to the company who kept ignoring this simple f'n issue.  who in the f'n hell is working at AMD dev team decided it would be a good idea for instant replay to tag and clip on to a random monitor? you sell gaming cards well reality check for you simpletons, GAMERS USUALLY HAVE MULTIPLE MONITORS!

You've probably already done this but I like to show the recording indicator so I can see what monitor is being recorded. If the indicator is on the wrong monitor open the relive software and drag it to the monitor you want to record. Unenable record desktop and reenable it. You should now see the indicator on the correct monitor. If you minimize the tab on your main monitor it should always record that one.

0 Likes

Hey, ive been doing this but it stopped working. the only way i can get it to clip the right monitor is restarting my pc. any other tips/fixes?

0 Likes
Elusiv3
Journeyman III

Bro this has been driving me crazy for so long, off and on working then not working, but I think I figured it out for anyone reading this with same problem as it’s been like 4 years and it’s still a thing. Open up the AMD Adrenaline. Go to record and stream and make sure you’re on record. On the left under controls you’ll see full screen and region at the top. Switch to full screen and select the display you want to record to. If indicators are on you’ll see them switch to the monitor selected and now all replay clips, recording everything will be on that selected monitor. Mine stays the same even after restarting computer. Hope this helps anyone reading!

rbarry7560
Journeyman III

I found a fix to this...at least it worked for me. 6700 RTx

Go to "Record & Stream"

Select the "Fullscreen" button and then select the screen you want to record from.

Select the "Region" Button then click "Start Recording"

While it is recording, use your hotkey command to do an "Instant Replay" For me, it was Ctrl+Shift+S

It recorded on my gaming screen and I then stopped the recording. I then hit my instant replay hotkey again and it recorded my gaming screen properly. 

I have had no issues since. I hope this was comprehensive enough without screenshots. LMK if you have questions.

Cheers!

JordanF
Journeyman III

My alternate solution to this issue is to turn it off completely and install OBS...

0 Likes
kaotic
Adept I

okay this is getting ridiculous and frustrating as hell.  why the hell can't AMD get their crap together and fix this one simple thing in their drivers?  i  am literally so frustrated right now i'm very close to saying goodbye to AMD forever and selling my 6700xt and getting a 3070. FIX THIS GOD DAMNED PROBLEM ALREADY! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? 

0 Likes
kaotic
Adept I

to those making suggestions on "try this or that", thank you.  these work maybe 50% of the time for me but people shouldn't be coming with "hacks" for something that is supposed to be working! people should be getting what they paid for and expect their product to work.  you wouldn't buy a brand new car and looking for "hacks" on opening the driver side door because the handle won't work.  no other industry is this an acceptable thing.  customers are getting literally ignored and not even 1 employee at AMD "community" even has decency enough to acknowledge this.  i am sick of using "hacks" to get something to work and even then have barely a 50% success rate.  absolutely ridiculous and shame on you AMD for letting this go on as long as you did. 

0 Likes
Elektroo
Journeyman III

Just found the actual way to fix this finally! You just have to go to "Record and Stream" and there you just have to change the display to the monitor that you want. Idk why amd didn't make this option more clear but now the instant replay and all the other recording options should now record the monitor that you want.

0 Likes
Klooger
Journeyman III

Have had no issues recording with amd for weeks after getting a new card, then randomly it starts recording only my 2nd monitor while a game is open. This happened after no updates, restarts, or changes of any kind. Also tried everything mentioned in this thread with no success. The only thing that works for me is to play the game in a small window, that way it still records my main desktop as if there wasn't a game open.

0 Likes