Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Pepe_chil
Adept I

Radeon enhanced sync tearing up the picture

Good day
On version 22.11.2, the problem is not reproduced.
When updating via Adrenaline to any of the following versions, including 23.4.1, the problem manifests itself in the following:
If you run cod mw2 and go (for example) to the shooting range, then when you move the sight, you can see how the picture starts to tear when Radeon enhanced sync is on.
Reinstalled the driver with ddu on versions 23.1.1 and 23.1.2

fps locked at 71 frames, freesync enable

I have also seen the same in:

• Escape from Tarkov
  • PUBG

System:

• sapphire rx 6700 xt nitro+
  • ryzen 5 5600x
  • G.Skill RIPJAWS V [F4-3600C16D-32GVKC] 32 ГБ
  • be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 10 650W
  • aoc 24g2u5/bk/01
1 Solution

The bug report has already been submitted. But it lasts several driver versions in a row already. That's why I created a topic here.
Your thought may be correct, but I cannot verify it. rolled back to a stable version. I'll try to check this point in the next version, but my fps counter is updated once a second and with constant mouse movement, the fps did not fall, although the picture was torn.

And thanks for the reply

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Pepe_chil
Adept I

does anyone have any thoughts?

0 Likes
Pepe_chil
Adept I

Up

0 Likes
tstec
Adept III

Hi 

with your frame rate you don´t see the benefits of Radeon enhanced sync, your monitor is 75Hz freesync and your frame rate is 71fps.

i always have it turned off.

AMD says "With Enhanced Sync enabled, it allows the game to run without capping frames while also lowering the chance for screen tearing. ...."

https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming/reintroducing-amd-enhanced-sync/ba-p/544484

0 Likes

However, with Radeon enhanced sync enabled on version 22.11.2, I see no (or almost no) breaks

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Enhanced sync is like no vsync when below the monitors refresh rate. So tearing will happen when below the monitor's refresh rate. Combining it with freesync will prevent tearing when in the freesync range. The freesync range of the monitor is 48-75.

If you see tearing with freesync enabled, it's due to the fps dropping below 48 for your monitor.

0 Likes

Driver version 22.11.2. FPS lock 71. Freesync and enhanced sync enabled. Everything is fine, fps is always 71, the picture does not tear.
Any driver higher than 22.11.2 with freesync enabled gives problems with the image. FPS stable 71.

0 Likes

"I see no (or almost no) breaks"

According to your other post, you do see tearing. Just not as much. If you feel you never drop below 48 fps even for a few milliseconds, then fill out bug report. Depending on how often your FPs counter updates, it's more likely that you are dropping below 48 fps.

0 Likes

The bug report has already been submitted. But it lasts several driver versions in a row already. That's why I created a topic here.
Your thought may be correct, but I cannot verify it. rolled back to a stable version. I'll try to check this point in the next version, but my fps counter is updated once a second and with constant mouse movement, the fps did not fall, although the picture was torn.

And thanks for the reply

0 Likes