Journeyman III

Processors Pegged at 100% since upgrading to Adrenaline 22.5.2

My Setup:

• Windows 11pro
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
  • 128GB (Corsair LPX)
  • 2TB Samsun EVO SSD

This is a homegrown system I use primarily for emulating Android (Bluestacks). When I first built the system I was able to run 42 simultaneous instances of BlueStacks (running a game) however, after upgrading Adrenaline to 22.5.2 (or higher) the processors on my system would start pegging the CPUs after opening the 16th instance.

I downgraded Adrenaline to 21.5.1 and was able to again open/run Bluestacks+Game without the processors being pegged. Unfortunately, the video driver started throwing errors and the system forced an upgrade. I am now back at only able to open 16 BlueStacks+Game instances again.

I have upgraded to the latest version of Adrenaline 22.11.2.

What settings/adjustments can I make to Adrenaline to 'turn off' new features or functionality which seems to be the cause of my pain?

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Toodamnfat
Journeyman III

Ok... more details after reading through other postings.  

I have turned off Hardware acceleration in both Chrome and Edge.   This seems to have corrected the 16 instance limitation. 

I'm currently able to get 30 up and going without issues, I have 5 more launching but the system appears to be moving at a slow crawl.  

My goal is to get back to 40 instances (if possible)

0 Likes
Toodamnfat
Journeyman III

One more follow up...  Only 30 will start. 

Would love to be able to get back to 40.

0 Likes