cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Aldo2
Adept I

Problems with my AMD Ryzen 5 3500X processor

Hello, does anyone know how I can update the drivers for my AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6 core processor. What happens is that many errors are happening to me and my PC is freezing, on the official AMD page I can't find its updates, thanks. 280641865_525878202544310_5355783592125004089_n.jpg

t.jpg

0 Likes
4 Solutions

Either you have a defective Motherboard or CPU.

Windows is seeing a problem with your CPU. This could be due to your Motherboard, CPU, or Windows.

Open a AMD Support ticket and ask them if the issue could be a defective CPU or defective Motherboard or corrupt Windows from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

At the same time open a Support ticket with your Motherboard and see what they suggest.

Also update Windows via  Windows Update. Make sure you have all the latest Windows Update installed.

Please post back what AMD Support says and your Motherboard Support.

The best way to check your processor is by installing it in another compatible motherboard and see if the same thing occurs. If it does then that does seem to indicate a defective CPU and eliminates the Motherboard and Windows.

EDIT: Here is my Device Manager showing the same drivers for my Ryzen 7 3700X Processor:

Screenshot 2022-05-06 232130.png

The Windows Processor Driver version should be the same as your Windows OS version. Ignore the Microsoft date which is irrelevant in this matter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Try this for troubleshooting only.

In Device Manager, Uninstall all the Processor's Windows Drivers and then restart your computer afterwards.

See if all ithe drivers nstalsl with the Yellow Exclamation mark or looks like mine.

EDIT: Also see if you have the latest Non-BETA BIOS Version installed or not. If your BIOS version is an old version try updating it and see if that fixes the CPU issue in Device Manager.

Also in BIOS does it show all 6 cores enabled? 

You can also check in Task Manager under "Performance" "CPU" to see if all 6 cores are enabled.

Here is my Task Manager showing my CPU information:

0 Likes

Thank you very much on the update.

Glad that updating the BIOS fixed your freezing and other issues for the time being.

About the error in Device Manager concerning the Windows Processor's drivers I wasn't aware that was an issue requiring a Windows Update.  Don't know where the other person received that type of information.

Take care and hope your PC runs smoothly now.

Yes, What I posted was correct to my information but in your case you have a Yellow Exclamation marks on all the Processor's drivers which indicates Windows found a problem with your CPU. That wasn't something that you mentioned at that time in your previous thread.

When I mentioned that in your image that you posted,  I was assuming there were no errors in Device Manager for those special Windows drivers.

But if your PC  is now working fine then ignore it for the time being and see if those errors goes away in a Windows Update or when it updates Windows again.

But I still would open a Motherboard Support ticket and see if it is due to your motherboard or CPU or Windows.

0 Likes
10 Replies

There are no Processor drivers to install for your Non-APU Processor. Those processor drivers you see in Device Manager are special Windows drivers installed and upgraded by each version of Windows you have.

The drivers for Processors are those that have Integrated Graphics on them. The driver is actually a Graphic driver and not a processor driver.

The problem you have you will need to troubleshoot to find out what is causing your problems.

If those Windows processor are having problem then that means your Windows OS needs  to be checked.

Run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the follwing command and see what it says after it finishes:

SFC /scannow

See if Windows is corrupted. 

When you click on one of the Windows Processor driver what error does it indicate?  

The Yellow Exclamation means that Windows found an issue with your processor.

Found this Intel Website with the same issue as you are having and it mentions to "Update Driver" in Device Manager. This is the same for AMD Processors: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055076/processors.html

So either you have a defective Motherboard, CPU or corrupt Windows OS because those Windows Processors shouldn't have any Yellow Exclamation marks on them.

Please post your computer information. You may need to upgrade your BIOS Version.

0 Likes

Hello friend I did that but it tells me that my drivers are already updated

I put properties, update the driver and it tells me that the drivers are already installed. But the yellow symbol still appears.

Then I run the command sf /scannow and it tells me that nothing was found.

This issue is causing my PC to freeze and I'm getting some blue screens

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpgd.jpg

0 Likes

Either you have a defective Motherboard or CPU.

Windows is seeing a problem with your CPU. This could be due to your Motherboard, CPU, or Windows.

Open a AMD Support ticket and ask them if the issue could be a defective CPU or defective Motherboard or corrupt Windows from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

At the same time open a Support ticket with your Motherboard and see what they suggest.

Also update Windows via  Windows Update. Make sure you have all the latest Windows Update installed.

Please post back what AMD Support says and your Motherboard Support.

The best way to check your processor is by installing it in another compatible motherboard and see if the same thing occurs. If it does then that does seem to indicate a defective CPU and eliminates the Motherboard and Windows.

EDIT: Here is my Device Manager showing the same drivers for my Ryzen 7 3700X Processor:

The Windows Processor Driver version should be the same as your Windows OS version. Ignore the Microsoft date which is irrelevant in this matter.

0 Likes

Try this for troubleshooting only.

In Device Manager, Uninstall all the Processor's Windows Drivers and then restart your computer afterwards.

See if all ithe drivers nstalsl with the Yellow Exclamation mark or looks like mine.

EDIT: Also see if you have the latest Non-BETA BIOS Version installed or not. If your BIOS version is an old version try updating it and see if that fixes the CPU issue in Device Manager.

Also in BIOS does it show all 6 cores enabled? 

You can also check in Task Manager under "Performance" "CPU" to see if all 6 cores are enabled.

Here is my Task Manager showing my CPU information:

0 Likes

I think contacting AMD may be a waste of time, the processor was a China & OEM system builders product.

Any chipset drivers, bios updates will be from OEM or possibly the motherboard maker.

Maybe the 'General Status' and/or 'Events' messages hold a clue ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hello friend I wanted to write to you to thank you for the information you gave me about the Bios update.The truth is that I did not have much knowledge about updating the Bios, now I think that my pc no longer freezes or blue screen.

I still get the yellow symbol on the processor, but someone told me that when Windows releases an upcoming update, which will fix that problem, I still appreciate your help, thanks.

Thank you very much on the update.

Glad that updating the BIOS fixed your freezing and other issues for the time being.

About the error in Device Manager concerning the Windows Processor's drivers I wasn't aware that was an issue requiring a Windows Update.  Don't know where the other person received that type of information.

Take care and hope your PC runs smoothly now.

Hello friend, today there were no problems with my PC, I think the solution was to update the BIOS.

2 months ago I made a post about this problem and a user told me that I should wait for the next windows update for the yellow symbol to go away and just ignore it.

278758161_734082774444975_4694515511610620861_n.jpg

0 Likes

Yes, What I posted was correct to my information but in your case you have a Yellow Exclamation marks on all the Processor's drivers which indicates Windows found a problem with your CPU. That wasn't something that you mentioned at that time in your previous thread.

When I mentioned that in your image that you posted,  I was assuming there were no errors in Device Manager for those special Windows drivers.

But if your PC  is now working fine then ignore it for the time being and see if those errors goes away in a Windows Update or when it updates Windows again.

But I still would open a Motherboard Support ticket and see if it is due to your motherboard or CPU or Windows.

0 Likes

Yo estoy teniendo un problema i no se de que es quando dejo la bios en automatico o se como viene de fabrica se me reinicia constantemente la pc tengo el mismo processador el ryzen 5 3500x, es igual la version de la bios que le instale con todas passa lo mismo entonces encontre la solucion que puedo andar en la pc pero tengo congelamientos i tiriones la solucion que encontre es ir a la bios i en cpu vcore voltage poner 1.154 o 1.286 i asi ya puedo entrar a windows normalmente si no, no puedo entrar, se reincia constantemente i no puedo hacer nada i si llego a poner la constraseña del pc es milagro porque si me deja meterla estoy en el escritorio 5 segundos i se reinicia i vuelve a encender normalmente sin dar pantalla azul ni ningun error ya no le veo qual es el problema. Alguna solucion??

0 Likes